Tuesday, 04 October 2011 21:58
We would like to remind everyone that we have published Mobile Joomla! Community Survey. Please fill in the survey, it won't take long! We want to hear your opinion of Mobile Joomla! and what we can do to improve. By replying you will help us greatly to utilize our development resources efficiently and keep the project going forward. Thank you in advance!
Monday, 05 September 2011 09:32
After another two weeks, we are now ready to release the third build of Mobile Joomla! Release Candidate with a few minor fixes. Big thanks to our community members for helping us out!
What's more; we have a Mobile Joomla! Community Survey for you, as we would love to hear your opinion of Mobile Joomla! and what we could do to improve. By filling in the survey you also help us to utilize our development resources efficiently and keep our project going forward. Looking forward to your replies!
Like before, you can update to the new RC3 version using your administrative panel via Mobile Joomla! Remote Update feature, or by downloading Mobile Joomla! 1.0 RC3 package and installing it from the back-end. Do not forget to backup your website before the upgrade!
Mobile Joomla! 1.0 RC3 release notes:
- sh404sef issue fixed for Joomla! 1.6 and 1.7
- Registration form fix for mobile_pda template (Joomla!1.5)
- Warning fix on mod_mj_menu module
Besides core updates, we fixed the Google Analytics Mobile module, which now uses a transparent 1x1 px image (Google's default code displays a white 1x1 px image that doesn't look good on pages with dark background).
Monday, 15 August 2011 21:38
Thank you very much for helping us out to stabilize Mobile Joomla! With your help, we fixed all reported issues successfully, and we are one step closer to the Mobile Joomla! 1.0 stable release.
We highly encourage you to update and test RC2 and give your feedback. As usual, you can update from your administrative panel via Mobile Joomla! Remote Update feature or by downloading Mobile Joomla! 1.0 RC2 package and installing it from the back-end. Do not forget to take backup before the upgrading process.
Mobile Joomla! 1.0 RC2 fixes:
- Sub-domain detection fix
- Call-time pass-by-reference warning in mod_mj_menu.php fix
- sh404sef extension conflict fixes
- Redirect-after-login fix on iPhone template (Joomla! 1.5)
- Session corruption fix (Joomla! 1.6, 1.7)
- Loading template parameters fix (Joomla! 1.6, 1.7)
Wednesday, 03 August 2011 08:51
It's been a while since last Mobile Joomla! release and all this time we've worked hard on the next version. After over 100 commits to fix various issues, we are now happy to release Mobile Joomla! 1.0 RC with many new features & improvements. As we mentioned earlier, this is a Release Candidate, and until the stable version, we will need your help & support to test Mobile Joomla! 1.0 RC as much as possible.
If you are upgrading from Mobile Joomla! 0.9.12, just visit your administrative panel and use Mobile Joomla! Remote Update feature. If you are upgrading from an earlier version of Mobile Joomla!, download Mobile Joomla! 1.0 RC package, and install it from the backend as usual. As always, we strongly recommend you to take backups before the upgrading process.
Below are the highlights of the Mobile Joomla! 1.0 RC.
Joomla! 1.6 and 1.7 support
Mobile Joomla 1.0 RC now turns Joomla! 1.5, Joomla! 1.6, and Joomla! 1.7 sites mobile instantly.
Default templates improved
Due to core changes on new Joomla! releases, we updated default Mobile Joomla! templates for Joomla! 1.6 & 1.7. We also improved PDA & iPhone templates to display better for your visitors.
Faster & better device detection
We improved device detection mechanism to provide faster and better user experience for your visitors. With this release, detected device parameters are saved as user sessions, which results in much faster page generation and reloads.
TeraWURFL library is updated to the latest version 2.1.5, and WURFL database is updated to the latest stable snapshot of 13.07.2011. There are also some fixes, i.e incorrect IE9 detecting in Mobile-Simple plugin and possible warning in TeraWURFL plugin.
Testing got easier
We just introduced a new method for switching between different device profiles. This should help you to test your site easier, save time & cost.
Improved Menu system
Menus haven't been the easiest nut to crack for new users. To ease this process, we prepared a new menu module, that can display both in vertical and horizontal menus on different devices, instead of four (old) mobile menu modules. To make the transition easier from earlier versions, this update will not remove old menu modules, and the new menu module will be installed in unpublished state. In this way, you can switch to the new menu in the most suitable way and time you wish.
Mobile Joomla! now supports single-subdomain mode, by which you can use single subdomain (e.g. m.yoursite.com) for all mobile devices. Mobile Joomla! will display corresponding mobile template based on device type instead of subdomain name.
Joomla! 1.6 & Joomla! 1.7 support, required us to update Mobile Joomla! extensions. Therefore, if you have any extensions installed on your site, do not forget to update them after upgrading to 1.0 RC.
Besides updates, we improved Adsense Mobile extension: Now you are able to use it by just entering your Adsense ID.
Other improvements & fixes
- Fixed: Keep path at redirect to subdomain
- Fixed: Issues with uninstalling Mobile Joomla! on Joomla!1.5 installations
- Fixed: Redirection of subdomains on Joomla!1.6
- New: Support for absolute URLs beginning with // at image rescaling
- New: Keep 'float' style for rescaled images
- Other minor fixes
Friday, 15 July 2011 08:51
After a long silence, we are glad to inform you that next version of Mobile Joomla! is almost finalized. Next version will be a Release Candidate (RC), leaving Beta. That is one of the reasons why we have been silent for a while, working hard and carefully testing every aspect. We also have many improvements, based on your wishes & valuable feedback. This also means, stable version is around the corner and we will need your help to test Mobile Joomla! 1.0 RC as much as possible.
Below are some of highlights from upcoming Mobile Joomla! 1.0 RC:
- We've been asked countless times, so here it is: Mobile Joomla! finally supports Joomla! 1.6
- We like to go beyond expectations, therefore Mobile Joomla! 1.0 RC also supports Joomla! 1.7 RC
- Switching between different device profiles just got easier using simple URL convenions i.e. http://www.yoursite.com/?device=[iphone/xhtml/chtml/wml/desktop]
- There is a major improvement on how we handle menus. Instead of four (old) mobile menu modules, we developed a new module that displays menus both in vertical and horizontal mode on different devices. For our existing users' convenience, with this update, old menus will not be removed, but new menu will be installed in an unpublished state. We hope this will significantly ease the process of mobilizing your Joomla! site. More details will follow with the release.
- TeraWURFL is updated to 2.1.5 and WURFL to 13.07.2011
- New feature to use single subdomain for all mobile versions
Thursday, 10 March 2011 13:59
Here is the latest Mobile Joomla! release with important improvements and features. With this release, we introduce new features, fixes and security improvements that will take your Mobile Joomla! experience to the next level. You can download the latest version from Mobile Joomla! Download page. As usual please let us know your comments on Mobile Joomla! Forums.
The most exciting feature we introduce in this release is our one-click Remote Update feature. With this new feature, you will be notified about updates instantly, and be able update your Mobile Joomla! with single click. This will not only ease your life, but also enhance your site security
Mobile Joomla! 0.9.12 improvements:
- Remote Update feature for easy update and increased security
- Change to .tar.gz packaging instead of .zip, which should reduce certain problems during installations on some servers
- TeraWURFL update to 2.1.4
- WURFL database update (snapshot of 06 March 2011)
- Improved default Mobile-Simple detector
- Various minor improvements and fixes
Tuesday, 25 January 2011 00:00
Mobile Joomla! 0.9.11 improvements:
- Fixed Simple user agent detector (MobileJoomla_Settings bug)
- Improvements and fixes on iPhone and PDA templates
- Fix for Google's instant web preview
- Mark-up chooser cache fixes
- Migration fix for new header positions and older MJ installations
With this release, we also introduce a new extension, that will simply remove Mobile Joomla! support Ads. We will write a separate blog post about that soon.
Saturday, 15 January 2011 16:37
We have exciting news! We have just rolled out a new, enhanced website with a fresher outlook, and introduced some key enhancements to Mobile Joomla! There is now an Extensions Directory to customize and improve your Mobile Joomla! site, including for example YouTube, Search, and Login modules. We will introduce more of them soon. We would also appreciate your feedback and suggestions on which Joomla! extensions we should mobilize. Please go to our forum to tell us what you want to see.
As many have noted, we are spending a great deal of time maintaining and updating Mobile Joomla! for free to all. As our community and team gets bigger, so does our needs to keep up such demanding effort. In order to keep this going on and take our project further, we are now investigating for ways to make the support sustainable. Thus, please notice that the latest Mobile Joomla! version renders a Google ad unit at the very bottom of each page. It should be fairly unobtrusive to users of your mobile site. In a short time, we will launch a paid extension that will allow you to remove the ads very simply.
We kindly ask you to either keep the ad unit in its place, or remove the ads with the upcoming official paid module to support Mobile Joomla! development.
Thanks everyone for your continuing support, we look forward to making big things happen this year!
- Mobile Joomla 0.9.10 released
- Scheduled website downtime in the weekend January 15-16th
- Leaving a year and 2,500,000 mobilized Joomla! pages behind
- Wanted: PHP/Joomla! Developer
- Mobile Joomla 0.9.9 released
- Mobile Joomla! hits 20,000 registered users!
- Mobile Joomla 0.9.8 released
- Mobile Joomla! development moving to GitHub
Page 12 of 15«StartPrev1112131415NextEnd»