Friday, 31 May 2013 00:00
Flat design is a trend lately featured grandly by Google Now and Windows 8 (and Facebook), emphasizing solid colors, clean layouts and sharp typography, and leaving behind beveled edges, gradients, shadows and reflections.
We wanted to make it possible for also you to update your or your clients' websites to use a new, clean, 'flat' design look. So, ladies and gentlemen, please meet our latest template, now using flat design: Flat Mobile Joomla! template!
Designed as delicately as our previous Elegance Mobile Joomla! template, the Flat Mobile Joomla! template is based on JQuery Mobile Flat UI project.
- 7 different predefined color schemes
- 9 different AJAX animations for page transitions
- App mode for full screen browsing on iPhone
- Compatibility with Joomla! 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5, 3.0, 3.1
Like all our premium products, when you buy Flat Mobile Joomla! template you also get access to our premium support forum and you will get 1 full year of product updates, new features and fixes.
(To give you some idea, since launching our Elegance template last year, we've released over 30 updates to it, including multiple new features and also new compatible extensions..!)
Extra Launch Offer: Get Extra 3 Months To Your Subscription
We will give 3 extra months as a bonus to your subscription time when you purchase any Mobile Joomla! premium product between June 1 - June 7.
Mobile Joomla! Club subscription offers now more value than ever: you get access to both the Elegance and Flat Mobile Joomla! templates, all Mobile Joomla! Pro features, as well as all of our 10+ Mobile Joomla! extensions.
Thursday, 23 May 2013 00:00
Today's update to our Kunena Mobile extension for Elegance mobile template includes support for the brand new Kunena 3.0 release. (Kunena 3.0 includes, among other things, a major rewrite of their codebase and support for Joomla! 3.x.)
Other changes in the Kunena Mobile Extension are:
- Now there's support for CAPTCHA-protected posting on mobile
Lastly, our congrats to the Kunena team on the 3.0 release!
Friday, 12 April 2013 00:00
Here's the latest addition to the Mobile Joomla! modules: JQuery-based Mobile Social Share Buttons module! This extension is available now for Mobile Joomla! premium users (Elegance, Pro, or Club users).
Why did we build it? Most social sharing plugins and modules are quite heavy and slow to load on high-latency mobile connections. We wanted to offer something better.
The new Mobile Joomla! social share module displays social sharing buttons for Facebook, Twitter and Google+, and supports all Mobile Joomla! templates (including Elegance in AJAX mode).
The module features these advanced settings:
- Select which social network buttons to display
- Hide/display social network icons on the button
- Set button size: small, medium, or large
- Display share counts
- Use Like or Recommend action for Facebook
- Set Twitter share text
- Load jQuery library (can be disabled if your template or other extension loads it)
Download the Mobile Social Share Buttons module now!
Thursday, 21 March 2013 00:00
Hey all, today brings an update to Mobile Joomla! standard and Pro versions.
The latest releases fix two issues in Mobile Joomla's Extensions Manager:
- Incorrect functionality in desktop mode
- Incorrect functionality in the case of two modules with identical titles
In addition, this update fixes some issues with displaying of embedded large-width videos. Now they will be shrunk to the screen size and will not break site design.
As always, you can update to the new version from your administrative panel via Mobile Joomla! Remote Update feature, or by downloading Mobile Joomla! package and installing it from the back-end. Do not forget to backup your website before the upgrade!
Thursday, 28 February 2013 20:19
New updates! We've just released Mobile Joomla! 1.2.4 and Mobile Joomla! Pro 1.2.6.
These releases include two main changes:
1. Support of RTL languages. Now both mobile_smartphone and mobile_iphone templates support right-to-left websites. If you know a friend developing RTL websites, spread the news!
2. Improved Mobile Menu module.
Do you use a special mobile menu, or would like to create one? Then this change is for you. As you know, the recommended way to create a mobile menu is to create it from “aliases” to corresponding desktop items (as this allows to keep menu item aliases). But in this case such a menu cannot contains subitems, because Joomla! doesn’t display subitems of “alias”-type items. So, in this Mobile Joomla! release we changed the Mobile Menu module to process such cases and display subitems as expected.
- Fixed incorrect functioning of Mobile Joomla's module manager with "Force as homepage" feature
- Updated AMDD database (now supports BlackBerry 10 devices!)
- Fixed ScientiaMobile plugin problem in Joomla 3.0
Tuesday, 26 February 2013 00:00
Hi all, over the past week we have been working to upgrade our server environment to manage our growing community (that's you!) better. Unfortunately, we encountered server issues in the beginning of last week when doing a software update. We faced problems due to MySQL update and our team needed to spend a good deal of last week working to restore our website stability.
We are happy to report that the issues seem to be resolved. Mobile Joomla! is now running on brand new hardware and updated server environment. We should be faster than ever, and this upgrade guarantees us the resources needed for further growth and allows us to focus on further improving our product this year.
In any case, if you happen to notice any issues with our website or your Mobile Joomla! user data, please contact us at /customersupport at mobilejoomla.com/ and we'll help you out.
We would like note that our service downtime last week should not have affected your mobile websites running Mobile Joomla!. Those parts of our product which have an online component, like the support ads module and Mobile Joomla! Pro online device database, have been designed to gracefully revert to offline mode in case of connection issues. Mobile Joomla! Pro especially includes caching and offline device database for this reason.
Apologies for the issues and the occasional inability to access your MJ account. Thanks for your support and understanding - we look forward to growing bigger and better with you this year!
Monday, 21 January 2013 15:07
Today brings us a bunch of new version releases to our major products! We have improved Mobile Joomla's mobile device support and are launching Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3, Mobile Joomla! Pro 1.2.5, and Mobile Joomla! Elegance Template 1.2.4.
As mentioned, most of changes are related to improved device detection. We now cover almost 16,000 device and bot profiles in the AMDD database, and over 23,000 in the Mobile Joomla! Pro remote database!
And as of today, our device databases include also other device categories in addition to phones, smartphones, and tablets! Mobile Joomla! processes them in following manner:
- Smart TVs are mapped to the usual desktop mode
- TV Game Consoles are mapped to the desktop mode too
- Portable Game Consoles are mapped to the smartphone mode
Please find below more detailed description of the changes for Mobile Joomla! and Elegance.
Mobile Joomla! Standard and Pro
- The AMDD plugin is updated with improved support of Windows Phone 8, game consoles, Smart TVs, and many other devices
- Improved screen size detection in “databaseless” Mobile-Simple plugin
- Updated Remote Device Database RDDB API (MJ Pro)
- ScientiaMobile plugin is updated to the latest ScientiaMobile API (MJ Standard only)
Mobile Joomla! Elegance Template
- Fixed display problems with Windows Phone 8
- Updated add-to-homescreen feature to the latest version
- Added support for iPad Retina webapp icon (144x144 px)
- Included samples of iPad icons (72x72 and 144x144 px)
- Added support for additional webapp startup images:
- 640x920 iPhone retina
- 640x1096 iPhone 5
- 768x1004 iPad portrait
- 1024x748 iPad landscape
- 1536x2008 iPad retina portrait
- 2048x1496 iPad retina landscape
As normal, please take a backup before upgrading to the new versions.
Monday, 07 January 2013 00:00
Hey all, we hope you've had a great start into 2013 so far! Last year was awesome for us - we couldn't be happier with the progress we made. We launched several new products, including Elegance Mobile Joomla! template, Kunena Mobile Extension, JComments Mobile extension, and of course Mobile Joomla! Pro and Club. Huge thanks to all of you over thousand premium users who have trusted us so far!
What's most important, our community has continued to grow amazingly fast! We want to thank you all for your feedback, both positive and constructive. It motivates us to keep on improving our products further.
Mobile Joomla! Highlights From 2012
- We released 11 version updates to the Mobile Joomla! standard version
- We released 8 version updates to the Mobile Joomla! Pro version
- We released 27 version updates to the Mobile Joomla! Elegance template
- We released 10 version updates to the Mobile Joomla! Kunena and JComments extensions
- We released Responsive Template Analyzer to test how much your responsive site could gain with Mobile Joomla! and RESS
In some arenas, the year 2013 has been claimed to be the year of responsive design. Responsive Joomla! templates are indeed growing in popularity and we are happy with the focus on mobile. However, as we stated before - for the sake of all your mobile visitors, optimizing responsive templates on server-side is an essential step. If you missed our Responsive vs. Server-side Mobile Solutions Infographic, check it out!
Otherwise, we're looking forward to Joomla! 3+ gaining wider adoption this year. The mobile-ready Boostrap features of Joomla! 3 combined with Mobile Joomla! server-side device detection and optimization will ensure your Joomla! 3 sites will rock on mobile like never before!
Finally, for the beginning of this year, we have two new product announcements.
Update To Remove Support Ads Module
As you know, to support the development, Mobile Joomla! displays unobstructive support ads, which has been made possible to remove with a free extension. For a long time, we have been receiving a lot of requests for a way to donate to Mobile Joomla! in exchange for using our Remove Support Ads extension. From the beginning of this year, we made the Remove Support Ads extension available for a reasonable, one time fee.
We understand many of our avid users get much more value than that from the Mobile Joomla! extension, but if you want to support us, you can always opt for our other paid products. Our Elegance template, as well as Pro and Club users continue to get the extension included as part of their subscriptions.
Mobile Joomla! Official Insider's Guide Ebook
This is an ebook we wanted to do for a long time, and we were finally able to release in December. With 120 pages, the ebook is a complete how-to manual for Mobile Joomla! and explores the details of all aspects of the extension, as well as tips and tricks for customizing and tweaking it for your needs. The Guide comes included with the Elegance template purchase, and in our Pro and Club subscriptions. Other Mobile Joomla! users can buy it here: Mobile Joomla! Official Insider's Guide
We are offering a bundle of the Remove Support Ads module and the Official Insider's Guide ebook for a total price of $29.90 for a limited time! That's savings of $29.90 compared to the normal prices of the products. Get yours now!
That's all for now! We'll finish with a question: What would you like to see from us in 2013?
- New Mobile Joomla! Updates
- Responsive Design vs Server Side solutions (Infographic)
- Testing Mobile Websites With Browshot
- Mobile Joomla! Pro and Elegance Mobile Joomla! Template 1.2.1 Released
- Responsive Design Vs. Server-Side Solutions With Mobile Joomla! And BraveNewCode (Podcast)
- Mobile Joomla! Recommends SiteGround Hosting
- Mobile Joomla! 1.2 with Joomla! 3.0 Support
- BrowserStack: Web-Based Cross Browser Testing
Page 5 of 15«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»