Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: it won't install

it won't install 8 years, 10 months ago #19058

Hi There, i can't seem to install this package.  It keeps saying 'unknown archive type' 

any ideas?
Last Edit: 8 years, 10 months ago by learnandpass.

Re: I can't save it to my computer 8 years, 10 months ago #19059

and it goes to another screen and says can't open page the error is 'the operation couldn't be completed. is a directory.'
Last Edit: 8 years, 10 months ago by learnandpass.

Re: I can't save it to my computer 8 years, 10 months ago #19064

Hi.

Thanks for using Mobile Joomla! forum. Did you check our installation guide (specially Directory access permission) ? www.mobilejoomla.com/documentation/12-getting-started/40-installation.html

If so, please provide us a screenshot of the error.

Thanks.

John Mark C.
Mobile Joomla! Support

Re: it won't install 8 years, 2 months ago #19878

• JDJ
  • Fresh Boarder
I have similar problems. (I checked the installation guide).

I started by trying to upload the tar file, that didn't work. I unpacked the tar file and repacked it as a zip file, and tried to install from Joomla again. That gave me a message from the joomla extension installer that my php maximum file upload sizes weren't big enough. I contacted my host to increase them, my host suggested doing it via .htaccess. I created a .htaccess file with increased settings for upload_file_size and post_max_filesize. I still got the same message that the file size was too large, gave in and decided to use FTP and directory install.

So I unpacked the directory, uploaded every file to the /tmp directory and hit the "install" button in the "install from folder" section with the "install folder" box left at /tmp. That gave me the message "
Error

Path does not have a valid package.

Unable to find install package".

I can see that the files are actually in the /tmp directory when I FTP to the site, so what should I put in this box instead of /tmp for the Joomla installer to be able to see the package in order to install it?
Last Edit: 8 years, 2 months ago by JDJ.

Re: it won't install 8 years, 2 months ago #19879

Hi JDJ,

Can you send us the following to our email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it :

1.) Screenshot of the error when installing
2.) Temporary login to replicate the issue on our end

Best,

John Mark C.
Mobile Joomla! Support

Re: it won't install 8 years, 2 months ago #19881

• JDJ
  • Fresh Boarder
john.causing wrote:
Hi JDJ,

Can you send us the following to our email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it :

Best,

John Mark C.
Mobile Joomla! Support

I have sent you login details, screenshot showing error message, screeshot showing contents of /tmp directory from Filezilla to your support email address.

Re: it won't install 8 years, 2 months ago #19882

• JDJ
  • Fresh Boarder
JDJ wrote:
john.causing wrote:
Hi JDJ,

Best,

John Mark C.
Mobile Joomla! Support

I have sent you login details, screenshot showing error message, screeshot showing contents of /tmp directory from Filezilla to your support email address.
I may just have solved my problem. For the benefit of anybody else seeing a similar message, I have two joomla sites. When I log in to joomlasite1.co.uk and joomlasite2.co.uk via Filezilla to set permissions I can change permissions on both sites.

However, today when I went into joomla to

system
system information
the tab folder permissions

I found that Joomla was showing different permissions compared to what I was seeing in Filezilla.
So I went back to my host and said the two sites were behaving differently [they are both on Linux] and the answer was "The group ownership was different for [myjoomlasite2.co.uk] direcoty I've changed it to match the [myjoomlasite1.co.uk] directory."

I've still got two minor problems with installation that both appear to be to do with permissions so I should be able to fix.

Lesson learned; don't trust what you see in Filezilla, check what Joomla thinks the permissions are.
Last Edit: 8 years, 2 months ago by JDJ.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.