Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help Request

Help Request 12 years ago #8588

• Twisk
  • Fresh Boarder
I am currently unable to get Mobile Joomla to work.  Here is all of the info I have to provide...

PHP Version 5.2.17
Joomla! 2.5.3 Stable
MySQL 5
Mobile Joomla 1.0.2

I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled it all again.  This time, I was able to get the 'TeraWURFL' plug-in to install.  Everything is published.

This is the URL I'm temporarily using while building this site:  www.esolutionsfirst.twiskonline.com

This is the URL I'm temporarily using for the mobile versions:  www.mobile.twiskonline.com

I have read through the FAQ, I have spent a few hours now going through the forums.  Any help would be appreciated.

I have been testing this on an iPad, an iPhone, an Android tablet and phone.  They all show the 'desktop' version of the site.  None of them are ever redirected to the mobile templates.  I have cleared the cache and cookies every time I test on all of these devices.

Re: Help Request 12 years ago #8589

• Twisk
  • Fresh Boarder
After sifting around the InterTubes all morning, I found a few articles about redirecting mobile viewers through the .htaccess file.

...Mobile Joomla appeared to be working IF you typed in the sub domain into your mobile device.  But it wouldn't redirect visitors to the mobile URL if they typed in the 'regular' URL.

After much trial and error, here's what's in my .htaccess file (for anyone else with a similar problem, hopefully this'll help)...

# don't apply the rules if you're already in the mobile directory, infintine loop
# you'll want to test against the host if you're using a subdomain
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/mobile.twiskonline.com/.*$
# if the browser accepts these mime-types, it's definitely mobile, or pretending to be
RewriteCond %{HTTP_ACCEPT} "text\/vnd\.wap\.wml|application\/vnd\.wap\.xhtml\+xml" [NC,OR]
# a bunch of user agent tests
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} "sony|symbian|nokia|samsung|mobile|windows ce|epoc|opera" [NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} "mini|nitro|j2me|midp-|cldc-|netfront|mot|up\.browser|up\.link|audiovox"[NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} "blackberry|ericsson,|panasonic|philips|sanyo|sharp|sie-"[NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} "portalmmm|blazer|avantgo|danger|palm|series60|palmsource|pocketpc"[NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} "smartphone|rover|ipaq|au-mic,|alcatel|ericy|vodafone\/|wap1\.|wap2\.|iPhone|android"[NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/$
#RewriteRule ^$ /mobile.twiskonline.com/ [L,R=302]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} "!mobile.twiskonline.com" [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) mobile.twiskonline.com/$1 [L]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.