Username Password: Remember me

upgrade error with host comment
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: upgrade error with host comment

upgrade error with host comment 12 years, 1 month ago #7978

• leoarce
  • Fresh Boarder
so like a few other people, i also got the upgrade error when trying to do the one-click upgrade from the admin control panel, and not the manual way when downloading the latest file and uploading it.

the error in question is: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update."

i read this forum and there were a couple suggestions. i opened a ticket with my web host and told them the 2 suggestions. the first suggestion was allow_url_fopen in php.ini should be enabled. the 2nd suggestion was check server's firewall settings, maybe it blocks requests to/from mobilejoomla.com.

then my host wrote me back the following:

"Thank you for the update. The php.ini file would have allow_url_fopen = On as default. If you find your pho.ini with its value as Off, you can modify this.

We are not restricting access to/from mobilejoomla.com. Of course, this is presumed port 80 or 443. Is it on another port that is required to gain access? Most ports are closed and can be opened manually by us with a dedicated IP on the account.

If we can get more specific server requirements for the app to work, that will be helpful for us to determine what adjustments are necessary on your account. We apologize for not understanding how this app works."

so like my host said.....what are all the requirements to allow remote update to work?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.