Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Does the upgrade change the template files?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Does the upgrade change the template files?

Does the upgrade change the template files? 12 years, 1 month ago #7951

• cookes
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi All,
does running the upgrade change the template files & css at all?? I only ask as I have made some custom changes and dont want to loose them if they are upgraded....

Cheers

Re: Does the upgrade change the template files? 12 years, 1 month ago #7952

• dougall
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah seems it does if you have the index files set as writable.
Good to make a copy of it first, make the upgrade and merge your changes.
Also it seems there is no more mobile_pda directory but a mobile_smartphone directory. You will need to remember that if you have a path to an image in the header module and want to save any changes with the index file in the pda template.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cookes

Re: Does the upgrade change the template files? 12 years, 1 month ago #7953

• cookes
  • Fresh Boarder
Good to know. Thanks for the info.
If I make the files read only will that cause any problems with the running of the extension?

Re: Does the upgrade change the template files? 12 years, 1 month ago #7954

• dougall
  • Fresh Boarder
I made a few of the index files in these directories read only on another site and the upgrade appeared to all work ok but gave an error obviously when it couldn't upgrade these files templates. It does state however that it is the new version of the component now and it all works. May have to save your css files too.
The previous version i was on was 1.00RC or something of the kind and I am not sure if it will work with other versions when making read only.
May be better to make a copy of your modded templates and merge your changes to the overwritten template to be sure to be sure it all runs smoothly.

Re: Does the upgrade change the template files? 12 years, 1 month ago #7955

• cookes
  • Fresh Boarder
Fair enough.
Next question from that then would be are there any updates to the template files that are security related and they _need_ to be updated?

Re: Does the upgrade change the template files? 12 years, 1 month ago #7956

• dougall
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah good question.
Admin will have to answer that one
Admin!!

Re: Does the upgrade change the template files? 12 years, 1 month ago #7963

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
MJ update replaces all the template files except of css/custom.css where you can place your own css rules. If you like to modify template, extract the template from MobileJoomla archive, rename templateDetails.xm_ to templateDetails.xml, replace content of <name> tag in this file to new template name, remove <languages>...</languages> block, and then pack template into archive and install it. After that you can set this template in MJ settings, and MJ updates will not affect it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cookes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.