Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

"Your server doesn't seem to support remote update"
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update"

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 11 years, 12 months ago #9192

• PSSITed
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks,
I checked the PHP information and settings in Joomla. no mention of allow_url_open
I can't find the php.ini file (You're dealing with a rookie here)

I using version 1.5 in production - the installation I'm trying to update.

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 11 years, 12 months ago #9193

• mbrando
  • Fresh Boarder
PSSITed wrote:
Thanks,
I checked the PHP information and settings in Joomla. no mention of allow_url_open
I can't find the php.ini file (You're dealing with a rookie here)

I using version 1.5 in production - the installation I'm trying to update.

Hi Rookie

Submit a request to your host. php.ini is a server config file.

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 11 years, 12 months ago #9203

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
What Joomla version do you use? We test MJ updating on four test servers: J!1.5.26, 1.6.6, 1.7.5, and 2.5.4. And it works well on all of them.

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 11 years, 12 months ago #9208

• mbrando
  • Fresh Boarder
dryabov wrote:
What Joomla version do you use? We test MJ updating on four test servers: J!1.5.26, 1.6.6, 1.7.5, and 2.5.4. And it works well on all of them.

I'm using Joomla 2.5.4 and the updater never works for MJ. I have remove. install the newer version and then reconfigure it.

- Mike

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 11 years, 12 months ago #9211

• dryabov
  • Administrator
What error message was displayed below "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update. Please download & install the latest Mobile Joomla! manually."?

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 11 years, 12 months ago #9213

• mbrando
  • Fresh Boarder
dryabov wrote:
What error message was displayed below "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update. Please download & install the latest Mobile Joomla! manually."?

Yes.

- Mike

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 11 years, 12 months ago #9218

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Mike, I mean that below that standard message there should be joomla's error message.

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 11 years, 12 months ago #9219

• PSSITed
  • Fresh Boarder
I am on Joomla! Version 1.5.16.
The message I'm getting is attached.

Ted
Attachments:
Last Edit: 11 years, 12 months ago by PSSITed. Reason: put in additional word

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 11 years, 12 months ago #9221

• mbrando
  • Fresh Boarder
dryabov wrote:
Mike, I mean that below that standard message there should be joomla's error message.

Sorry,

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/account/public_html/subsites/beta/libraries/joomla/installer/helper.php on line 62
ok

- Mike
Last Edit: 11 years, 12 months ago by mbrando. Reason: typo

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 11 years, 12 months ago #9223

• dryabov
  • Administrator
PSSITed wrote:
I am on Joomla! Version 1.5.16.
The message I'm getting is attached.

And do you have that file in joomla's tmp directory?
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.