Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

"Your server doesn't seem to support remote update"
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update"

"Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 12 years ago #7693

• vtportals
  • Fresh Boarder
Our dedicated server has remotely updated other extensions in the past, but we're unable to remotely update from RC6 to v.1.0 stable - we get the message "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update." If anyone can answer this, it would be greatly appreciated! (1) What needs to be changed on our server to permit such remote updates in the future, and (2) how is a manual update performed? Thanks!!

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 12 years ago #7703

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
MJ uses joomla's JInstallerHelper::downloadPackage method to load install package. Seems that method is based in fopen, so "allow_url_fopen" php.ini's option should be enabled.

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 12 years ago #7717

• vtportals
  • Fresh Boarder
allow_url_fopen is set to "On".

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 12 years ago #7759

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Then, check server's firewall settings, maybe it blocks requests to mobilejoomla.com.
And check permissions of joomla's tmp directory.

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 12 years ago #7793

• vtportals
  • Fresh Boarder
I will try that, thanks. What should the permissions be for the tmp folder, please?

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 12 years ago #7796

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Depends on its owner, usually:
755 if it's the same as webserver runner
775 if they are in the same group
777 otherwise (quite rare case)

But unlikely you have problem with tmp dir, because of in this case you cannot install joomla extensions at all.

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 11 years, 11 months ago #8649

• tslavin
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

allow_url_fopen is ON, as well as I have whitelisted IP for mobiljoomla.com on server firewall. It is downloading fine and then unpacking shows this error. 

tmp folder has correct permission , and this is not the only site, I have checked it on my test sites and all of them are showing the same result.

: (

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 11 years, 11 months ago #9166

• mbrando
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Any additional thoughts on this. My install is also having this same issue. Other extensions update fine. Just not this one. Maybe your method should be changed? We have allow_url_fopen ON and permissions as you state. Still it does not work.

- Mike

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 11 years, 11 months ago #9189

• PSSITed
  • Fresh Boarder
"MJ uses joomla's JInstallerHelper::download Package"
Why? For people trying to update their Joomla 1.5 installations, this is a pain.

Where will I find "allow_url_fopen" in order to make sure it is ON?

Ted

Re: "Your server doesn't seem to support remote update" 11 years, 11 months ago #9190

• mbrando
  • Fresh Boarder
PSSITed wrote:
"MJ uses joomla's JInstallerHelper::download Package"
Why? For people trying to update their Joomla 1.5 installations, this is a pain.

Where will I find "allow_url_fopen" in order to make sure it is ON?

Ted

PHP.ini file or check your PHP system info in your Joomla. At you using Joomla 1.5 or 2.5?
Last Edit: 11 years, 11 months ago by mbrando.
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.