Username Password: Remember me

Mobile Joomla 1.0 iPad Support
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Joomla 1.0 iPad Support

Mobile Joomla 1.0 iPad Support 12 years, 1 month ago #7670

• bgtanlo
  • Fresh Boarder
I recently upgraded to the latest version of Mobile Joomla Plugin (1.0)
After installation/update, to configure I went to Components -> Mobile Joomla!
I looked for the iPad support option used to be found in the iPhone tab and I couldn't find it?
Can anybody help and explain how the new procedure is to turn on the iPad support?

Thank you very much.

Re: Mobile Joomla 1.0 iPad Support 12 years, 1 month ago #7699

• C00L
  • Administrator
Hi there, we removed the iPad option from the backend with MJ 1.0 release. We are planning a better support for iPad in upcoming months. But if you enabled this options with earlier MJ versions, it should carry on with MJ 1.0 as well.

Re: Mobile Joomla 1.0 iPad Support 12 years, 1 month ago #7721

• bgtanlo
  • Fresh Boarder
C00L wrote:
Hi there, we removed the iPad option from the backend with MJ 1.0 release. We are planning a better support for iPad in upcoming months. But if you enabled this options with earlier MJ versions, it should carry on with MJ 1.0 as well.

I wasn't able to enable this option before upgrading. Is there any way I can enable it right now?
Thank you very much.

Re: Mobile Joomla 1.0 iPad Support 12 years, 1 month ago #7726

• C00L
  • Administrator
Not a straight forward way unfortunately. We could try to help, if it's really important.

One thing: I'd really appreciate your input on why you'd prefer going that way? I mean, User eXperience point of view, I believe desktop version would perform much better, instead of using a template that's limited and designed for mobile devices. What do you think?

Re: Mobile Joomla 1.0 iPad Support 12 years, 1 month ago #7744

• bgtanlo
  • Fresh Boarder
C00L wrote:
Not a straight forward way unfortunately. We could try to help, if it's really important.

One thing: I'd really appreciate your input on why you'd prefer going that way? I mean, User eXperience point of view, I believe desktop version would perform much better, instead of using a template that's limited and designed for mobile devices. What do you think?

currently we are trying to create a mobile version of our website. since our desktop version is running in joomla, we've decided to use the joomla plugin to hopefully make the conversion easier.

is there any documentation provided that could help me perform the iPad support?
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by bgtanlo.

Re: Mobile Joomla 1.0 iPad Support 12 years, 1 month ago #7748

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
In MJ1.0RC there was an option to display iPhone version on iPads, but we had a lot of issues with other tablets, because of one of them displayed desktop version, and other smartphone version. In 1.0 Stable we unify support of tablets so that now desktop version is displayed on all tablets. If you like to display iPhone version on iPads, it's easy to create corresponding plugin, but in my opinion it's bad idea to differentiate iPads and other tablets.

Re: Mobile Joomla 1.0 iPad Support 12 years, 1 month ago #7765

• C00L
  • Administrator
Thanks bgtanlo. As Denis says, we do not recommend that, but are welcome to post on Jobs board to check if there is anyone interested in creating such plugin for you.

www.mobilejoomla.com/forum/6-jobs.html

Re: Mobile Joomla 1.0 iPad Support 12 years ago #8563

• dpodesta
  • Fresh Boarder
I also needed IPAD support and can't upgrade now.

My client had me create a template just for IPAD's but wasn't concerned about IPhones as much.

He is pretty pedantic and although the change in template is very small he wanted it and the old version with IPAD support allowed me to do it.

The latest version uses the desktop version only in the IPAD.

Cheers

David
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.