Username Password: Remember me

[resolved] setting select markup
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: [resolved] setting select markup

[resolved] setting select markup 12 years, 2 months ago #7491

• vm5
  • Fresh Boarder
Hallo to everybody  I'm a newbie and I hope to find here a solution for my trouble with mobile Joomla.
I  used the markup module to let the mobile visitor to select the "standard version" on homepage but the link that the browser select is wrong.
 I'm checking all with Opera mobile emulator and the site www.vitalibruno.it is right detected  as mobile version but if i click on standard version the browser is addressed to the following "/en/?deviced=desktop" that is wrong.
Is there a place where I've to indicate the right address to let the program redirect to the right place. I read all the post without solution, thanks.
The topic has been locked.

Re: setting select markup 12 years, 2 months ago #7492

• Barnabas
Hi vm5,
Have a look at
Joomla Backend admin
Components > Mobile Joomla > Settings
Global Settings > General Settings
Desktop URL
This should be
http://www.vitalibruno.it

Hope that helps.
Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by Barnabas.

Re: setting select markup 12 years, 2 months ago #7493

• vm5
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank You Barnabas, I've done a mistake on indicate the address without htt:// as You suggest.
It was running well just for a moment, after that all browsers (both pc and mobile) give me back :Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS).I tried to clear browser and site cache but I have to deactivate the plugin mobile Joomla otherwise the site doesn't run. 
I tried to get back to old configuration of mobile Joomla without solutions. It's very strange.
I'm loosing my religion.

Re: setting select markup 12 years, 2 months ago #7496

• Barnabas
I am sorry but I do not know the answer to Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS). I tried googling for the error message and it seems that this is an error that does not have a clear cause. Could you state the version of Joomla that the website uses, and the version of Mobile Joomla that you are using? Also with which browser (FF, Chrome and so on) are you are viewing the site? Does the site use redirects? Does the site use an .htaccess file?
That may help someone else reproduce the error and suggest a solution.
Sorry.

Re: setting select markup 12 years, 2 months ago #7498

• vm5
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank You Barnabas for Your reply. 
The data about the system I'm using is:
Joomla 2.5.1
Mobile 1.0 rc6
The problem occurs with Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Explorer and Opera mobile on two different pc. I tried a lot of changes on the configuration of Mobile Joomla but everytime I public Mobile Joomla plugin the site get  310 error. Very strange also for my limited knowledge.
In the file .htaccess I've no redirect commands.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barnabas

Re: setting select markup 12 years, 2 months ago #7499

• Barnabas
Thanks for posting this. Hopefully someone will answer and help.
If not, I would try clearing cache and cookies and then uninstalling MJ and reinstalling it and not changing anything, just to see if it works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vm5

Re: setting select markup 12 years, 2 months ago #7510

• vm5
  • Fresh Boarder
Barnabas wrote:
Thanks for posting this. Hopefully someone will answer and help.
If not, I would try clearing cache and cookies and then uninstalling MJ and reinstalling it and not changing anything, just to see if it works.

Very well Barnabas. I followed You indications and, with the reinstalling, everything come back to work very well.
I think that the plugin should be corrupted by a lot of different configurations that i tried.
Thank You; grazie mille!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barnabas

Re: setting select markup 12 years, 2 months ago #7511

• Barnabas
You are welcome. Thanks for posting the result.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.