Username Password: Remember me

How to see mobile version using xampp localhost
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to see mobile version using xampp localhost

How to see mobile version using xampp localhost 12 years, 2 months ago #7344

• hockmasm
  • Junior Boarder
I installed the mobile joomla component. However I don't see a mobile version of my site in xampp localhost.

I used Firefox agent swticher to go to iphone but all I see is the desktop version. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Re: How to see mobile version using xampp localhost 12 years, 2 months ago #7407

• jhunyan
  • Fresh Boarder
You can configure iphone.localhost on OSX, Linux and Windows like what Miohtama said.
http://www.mobilejoomla.com/forum/10-subdomains/3179-how-to-configure-sub-domains-for-mamp-localhost.html
Here is some info:
Modifying your local hosts fileHosts file is your operating system text file which allows you to manually add DNS names on different IP addresses. For testing and developing Mobile Joomla! you need to assign another name for your local computer, also known as localhost or by IP address 127.0.0.1.
After modifications, the following URL will render in web mode (like before modification)
localhost
..but the following will result to the mobile mode
iphone.localhost
On Windows: C:\\Windows\\SYSTEM32\\Drivers\\etc\\hosts
On UNIX: /etc/hosts
Adding required lines
Add the following line to hosts file (note that on UNIX you need to use sudo):
127.0.0.1       iphone.localhost mobile.localhost
I recommend using iPhone / Android simulator for testing and Firefox + UASwitcher add-on to development (no hosts needed).

For iPhone stimulator, please go to iphonetester.com

If you are using Window Vista or 7, please note when you make the changes of hosts using notepad, you will need to run notepad as a administrator or otherwise, you will be denied access.
ClickStart ->All Programs -> Accessories.  Right-clickNotepad, and then click Run as administrator.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or clickAllow or Yes.
Open the Hosts file (from the notepad you just opened) , make your changes, and then click File ->Save

Re: How to see mobile version using xampp localhost 12 years, 2 months ago #7422

• C00L
  • Administrator
You can also try using ?device=[iphone/xhtml/chtml/wml/desktop] convention
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.