Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Excessive width that needs to go away on mobile template.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Excessive width that needs to go away on mobile template.

Excessive width that needs to go away on mobile template. 9 years, 3 months ago #18252

I'm having width issues of the overall template. I want to keep the maximum width proportional to the max width of the device, but there is scroll area that spills over to the right of the page. A substantial amount. This causes adaptive items to spill off the template into the extra space when the orientation is changed from portrait to landscape, back to portrait. 

www.resourcemedia.net/~dominew/index.php/augers/18-Groundhog-tow-auger

I'm currently working on migrating my webpage from Joomla 2.5 to 3.3, which required me to basically start over since many of the components weren't compatible, so I hope you don't mind the barebone material and unfinished pages. (If you happen to navigate any of the pages, you'll find that many of the links push back to the original site. I'm copy and pasting pages from the 2.5 to 3.3, and editing attributes of the page. You'll end up at the Joomla 2.5 site.

Other viewable pages are:
www.resourcemedia.net/~dominew
www.resourcemedia.net/~dominew/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17
resourcemedia.net/~dominew/index.php/augers

Thank you for the help.

If you need any more information, please ask. I need the width issue resolved for my mobile joomla purchase to be worth the purchase. PS. The homepage has nothing on it.

Re: Excessive width that needs to go away on mobile template. 9 years, 2 months ago #18323

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
There are hardcoded styles (like style="width: 638px; height: 478px;", etc.) in the content of the slider module, and unlikely there is an easy way to fix it. If the module supports custom size, I'd recommend you to make a copy of that module with 320px width for mobile devices and disable original one for mobile devices using MJ's Modules manager (in Advanced tab).

Re: Excessive width that needs to go away on mobile template. 9 years, 1 month ago #18412

Well sir, I disabled the plugin, I even loaded a page where no script for the image gallery exist. Literally a blank page. No image slider at all.

Portrait = locked width.
Switching to landscape is a locked width.
Switching back to portrait unlocks the width.

No slider module is loaded.

www.resourcemedia.net/~dominew/index.php/excavators-cat/64
Last Edit: 9 years, 1 month ago by Dominics Equipment.

Re: Excessive width that needs to go away on mobile template. 8 years, 11 months ago #18910

Hi Dominics Equipment.

Are you still having issues width size on your mobile template? If so, please let us know so that we can follow-up this to our developer.

Thanks.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.