Username Password: Remember me

Brand new license is 'expired'?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Brand new license is 'expired'?

Brand new license is 'expired'? 10 years, 7 months ago #15709

• thedevdept
  • Fresh Boarder
We just purchased MJPro yesterday and installed on a Joomla 1.5 site. We immediately received the message (Your Mobile Joomla Pro license has expired. RENEW). Clicking the RENEW link appears to only show our single purchase, but no idea what to do from there.

This is currently installed on a test site (different domain from the client's live site). Is that the problem? Can MJPro only be run on the designated domain and not from a test site on a different domain? Or, is something else a problem?

This was an upgrade to the free version on the test site. But, we need to get tablet support before going live with this feature.

Re: Brand new license is 'expired'? 10 years, 7 months ago #15710

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Do you have installed MJ Pro on domain specified in order page?

Re: Brand new license is 'expired'? 10 years, 7 months ago #15711

• thedevdept
  • Fresh Boarder
No. I think that's the problem. The purchase used the live site domain. The test site domain is totally different. Is there any way to get this to work on the test domain short of buying another license? Or do we just have to load it on the live domain and hope it works?

Re: Brand new license is 'expired'? 10 years, 7 months ago #15712

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Don't worry, it should work on test domain with just 2 exceptions:
1. License expiration massage.
2. Local device database is used instead of remote one.
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by dryabov.

Re: Brand new license is 'expired'? 10 years, 7 months ago #15713

• thedevdept
  • Fresh Boarder
OK Great. So here is my issue. I've installed it on the test site. The purpose is to test with a tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" running Android 4.1.1). I've specifically set the tablet to receive the same template as the desktop site because that's what we've designed the desktop template to handle. But instead, this tablet is getting the 'other' template which is designated for the smart phone and iphone.

So I'm at a loss as to why this Galaxy Tab 2 is getting the same template as a smart phone or iPhone. Is that Galaxy Tab 2 considered a tablet or a smart phone in the local database / online database? How do I find out? 

Re: Brand new license is 'expired'? 10 years, 7 months ago #15714

• dryabov
  • Administrator
You can check it at mobilejoomla.com/uatest.php (it does test using all "offline" plugins, in ~98% cases results of online database are identical to AMDD).

Visit uatest.php from your tablet and post results here (including User-Agent).

Re: Brand new license is 'expired'? 10 years, 7 months ago #15715

• thedevdept
  • Fresh Boarder
Great. Thanks for those links. The client has personally checked his Galaxy Tab 2 against the tools.scientiamobile.com site and the mobilejoomla.com/uatest.php page. Both indicate it is a 'tablet'.

Results from tools.scientiamobile.com (had to type them from a screen print).

User-Agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; GT-P3113 Build/JRO03C)
AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/534.30

Capabilities:
is_tablet: true
pointing_method: touchscreen
resolution_width: 1024
resolution_height: 600

From mobilejoomla.com/uatest.php - User-agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; GT-P3113 Build/JRO03C) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/534.30

simple: ''
amdd: 'tablet'
scientia: 'xhtml'

However, with MJPro installed on my test site and the 'tablet' tab set to use a specific template meant for the desktop, his Galaxy Tab 2 still gets the mobile template that is set for the smart phones and iphones. Any suggestions as to why his Galaxy Tab 2 isn't getting the template specified in 'Tablet' would be much appreciated.  

Currently installed version on Joomla 1.5.26
Database reported by MJPro:
Mobile - AMDD July 2013   [3.15 Mb]
ScientiaMobile DB-API (AGPL) 2012-11-08   [13.67 Mb]
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by thedevdept.

Re: Brand new license is 'expired'? 10 years, 7 months ago #15716

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Disable Mobile-Scientia plugin and visit yoursite.com/?device=auto from the tablet to reset mobile mode.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.