Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Wrong print view after update to Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wrong print view after update to Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3

Wrong print view after update to Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3 11 years, 2 months ago #13564

• Mobloomer
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

after the last update to Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3 I realized that the print view of my Joomla articles has changed. It has now a similar look as a mobile screen - which isn`t the right one for printing.

I already tried to solve the problem, deleting the component Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3, its modules and plugins on a test machine, but that didn`t help. May be, there has core data been changed.

Could you please take a look at this issue?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Re: Wrong print view after update to Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3 11 years, 2 months ago #13565

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Hmm, MobileJoomla doesn't affect design of pages for desktop devices at all.
What Joomla version do you use?

Re: Wrong print view after update to Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3 11 years, 2 months ago #13566

• Mobloomer
  • Fresh Boarder
Normally I wouldn`t expect that too.

But it is quite obvious: On Wednesday I have still printed an article in a correct view. The only system change I made since then was the update of Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3. And now I have this smartphone view in printed articles.

My Joomla version is 2.5.8.

Re: Wrong print view after update to Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3 11 years, 2 months ago #13567

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Could you post URL of your site?

And few questions:
1. Do you use caching on the website?
2. Do you use 3rdparty SEF extensions?
3. Do you have "Warnings" block in "General" tab of MJ settings? If yes, what is its content?

Re: Wrong print view after update to Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3 11 years, 2 months ago #13568

• Mobloomer
  • Fresh Boarder
1. Caching is used.
2. No 3rdparty SEF extensions.
3. No "Warnings" block in "General" tab of MJ settings.

Can I send you the URL with PM?

Re: Wrong print view after update to Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3 11 years, 2 months ago #13569

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Mobloomer wrote:
Can I send you the URL with PM?

Yes.

Re: Wrong print view after update to Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3 11 years, 2 months ago #13572

• Mobloomer
  • Fresh Boarder
I have also tried the following:

Installed a website backup of last Saturday on a test machine, and made the update to Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3. Tried the print view and received again the smartphone layout.

There must be something in this update that has an impact on the print view.

Re: Wrong print view after update to Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3 11 years, 2 months ago #13655

• Mobloomer
  • Fresh Boarder
Do you see a way to handle this bug or not?

If not, I would have to re-establish my website without Mobile Joomla.

Please let me know whether you are working on a solution or not.

Re: Wrong print view after update to Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3 11 years, 2 months ago #13656

• dryabov
  • Administrator
I've tested MobileJoomla 1.2.3 in Joomla 2.5.8 (demo data only, default settings, without additional extensions) and print view work well independently of mobile template.
I've tested with caching enabled ("conservative" mode) to be sure it's not caching issue, and print view is "correct" in this case as well.

Re: Wrong print view after update to Mobile Joomla! 1.2.3 11 years, 2 months ago #13657

• Mobloomer
  • Fresh Boarder
Have you also printed the page?

On my website, online print view also works well, but the printed page looks like on a smartphone.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.