Username Password: Remember me

Can't update automatically
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't update automatically

Can't update automatically 11 years, 6 months ago #12286

• mhunter
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm trying to apply the latest JM update for version 1.2.0 in Joomla 2.5.7. I get an error when I try to do this in the normal way from within Joomla update:

Your server doesn't seem to support remote update. Please download & install the latest Mobile Joomla! manually.
Unknown Archive type

I tried uploading the Scienta zip file manually, which was seemingly successful, but the system is still showing an update needed and that my MJ is version 1.1.1. (Interestingly the update went without problems on my localhost MAMP server.)

I've read older posts on this but don't understand what the problem is. My PHP is set to allow_url_fopen ON.

If I reinstall JM whole package do I just reinstall over the top of the current version? Will I have to reconfigure anything? Can I fix something so that future updates will just install automatically?

Thanks!

Re: Can't update automatically 11 years, 6 months ago #12287

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
1. In what stage do you get error message (Download, Unpack, or Install)? Try to read error message at the bottom of first page, before "Your server doesn't seem..." page will be loaded.

2. You can download latest MJ release at www.mobilejoomla.com/download-mobile-joomla.html and install it manually.

Re: Can't update automatically 11 years, 6 months ago #12288

• mhunter
  • Fresh Boarder
1. Thanks. From the Joomla control panel if I choose the Mobile Joomla icon (which shows update available) then it downloads but doesn't unpack. Here's the message in full:

Updating Mobile Joomla!

Downloading latest package
Unpacking [X]
Installing component

Your server doesn't seem to support remote update. Please download & install the latest Mobile Joomla! manually.

Unknown Archive type

However, if I try to update from the extension manager I get the following:
RED BOX:
Unknown Archive type
Update path does not exist
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file
Unable to detect manifest file

BLUE BOX:
Updating COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_TYPE_ was successful.

There are no updates available at the moment. Please check again later.

2. I have downloaded the latest release but haven't tried installing it yet because my second question remains - will it install over the existing and will I have to reconfigure anything?

Re: Can't update automatically 11 years, 6 months ago #12289

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
2. Installing new version over existing is exactly what update procedure does, so it doesn't change your MJ settings (but overwrites existing MJ files, so be carefully if you did some patches).

Re: Can't update automatically 11 years, 6 months ago #12296

• mhunter
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, now installed.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.