Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Category link issue and config menu not displaying correctly
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Category link issue and config menu not displaying correctly

Category link issue and config menu not displaying correctly 11 years, 6 months ago #12124

• stomm
  • Fresh Boarder
First of all I'm sorry if I've posted in the wrong section. As it's an initial installation problem I posted in here!

I installed mobilejoomla on a Joomla 2.5.7 website, set-up the separate menu (by cloning the main menu and renaming it) and created the separate module as described in the documentation but I've found a couple of problems.

The first problem - to explain; I have a news archive which displays a category blog view of articles. On the front-end (desktop version) of the site the main link (news-archive.html) displays fine. Once I click the news article link the stories show up as normal. The problem is all of the 'read-more' links for the articles show the mobile menu instead (i.e. the link displays as /news-archive2/......) - I've deleted the menu and module to start from scratch, but it happens each time. If I unpublish the link on the mobile menu, on the front-end it displays as it should for each read-more link.

The second problem is that when I go into mobile joomla on the administration side - the options display in one long list. If I click any of the options (like smartphone) the information disappears and I have to go back through the component list again to access anything. I've attached a couple of screenshots to show this. 001.jpg is what appears when I click 'mobile joomla' in the components list, 002.jpg is what appears when I click 'smartphone'.

Do you have any ideas of how I could repair these issues please? Thank you in advance

001.jpg

002.jpg

Re: Category link issue and config menu not displaying correctly 11 years, 6 months ago #12238

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
1. In making mobile menu you have two possibilities:
a) Create new mobile menu items as aliases to main items, but in this case you cannot change item parameters.
b) Create separate menu items with another set of parameters, but in this case Joomla can "mix" items and generate incorrect urls.

2. Most likely there is a js error. Press F12 in your browser, open "Console" tab and refresh the page. Console will contain all js errors on the page, post this list here.

Re: Category link issue and config menu not displaying correctly 11 years, 6 months ago #12241

• stomm
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your reply

a) So in this case I would create a new menu (naming it following the documentation,) then create individual aliases to menu items that exist on the default main menu. I'm not sure about the item parameters though, what options would I lose if I went this way?
b) I think this is what is causing the error then. I did replicate the menu and renamed it.

2. Here is the output for the console window, if it helps I am using soccomments because originally the client wanted to use Facebook comments and Jcomments alongside each other.

GET www.FAKESITENAME.co.uk/cm/administrator/plugins/content/soccomments/soc/css/soccomments.css 404 (Not Found) index.php:9
GET www.FAKESITENAME.co.uk/cm/administrator/plugins/content/soccomments/soc/js/jquery-ui-1.8.16.custom.min.js 404 (Not Found) index.php:104
GET www.FAKESITENAME.co.uk/cm/administrator/plugins/content/soccomments/soc/js/jsoccomments.js 404 (Not Found) index.php:104
OPTIONS ads.mobilejoomla.com/msg.html 200 (OK) mootools-core.js:485
GET ads.mobilejoomla.com/msg.html  index.php:4213
Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'setStyle' mj_update.js:28
Last Edit: 11 years, 6 months ago by stomm. Reason: removed link to real site

Re: Category link issue and config menu not displaying correctly 11 years, 6 months ago #12242

• dryabov
  • Administrator
1a) There is "Alias" menu type in the bottom of page with list of menu item type to create.

2) Looks like it's a conflict of mootools with another library that redefine $ function (most likely, with jQuery).

Re: Category link issue and config menu not displaying correctly 11 years, 6 months ago #12244

• stomm
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks again for your help with this.

1a) I will create Alias links then for all of the menu items (or at least the chosen links.)

2) Is there any way of working out where the conflict is happening? I'm very eager to get this working properly but I'm not sure where to start. If I purchase a commercial license do you offer the service to log-in on my behalf? I'm not trying to get work done for free I'm just trying to work out what the best course of action is.

Re: Category link issue and config menu not displaying correctly 11 years, 6 months ago #12246

• dryabov
  • Administrator
2) Could you PM me url/login/pass for your backend? I'll try to get to know which extension leads to conflict.
Last Edit: 11 years, 6 months ago by dryabov.

Re: Category link issue and config menu not displaying correctly 11 years, 6 months ago #12249

• stomm
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you, it's really appreciated.

I've PM'd you the details

Re: Category link issue and config menu not displaying correctly 11 years, 6 months ago #12250

• dryabov
  • Administrator
There is conflict with SocComment plugin. To fix it, edit plugins/system/soccomments/soccomments.php by adding

if($mainframe->isAdmin()) return;

before

$mainframe->getRouter();

at the end of file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stomm

Re: Category link issue and config menu not displaying correctly 11 years, 6 months ago #12274

• stomm
  • Fresh Boarder
That worked! Thank you very much, I can access the configuration information now!

Now to create the menu as aliases, thank you again
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.