Username Password: Remember me

Can't install 0.8.2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't install 0.8.2

Can't install 0.8.2 14 years, 3 months ago #95

• khiebert
  • Fresh Boarder
When I try to upload a package file by browsing to MobileJoomla0.8.2_for_J15.zip and hitting the 'Upload File & Install' button, I get an error saying, "There was an error uploading this file to the server."

When I try to install from a directory (e.g. /tmp/MobileJoomla0.8.2_for_J15/), I get an error saying, "Please enter a package directory".

So I also tried the absolute path (/home/{username}/public_html/tmp/MobileJoomla0.8.2_for_J15), but it didn't work either.

Here are the system details for my server:

MySQL Database Version: 5.0.87-community-log
PHP Version: 5.2.10
Web Server/PHP interface: Apache/cgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Mamni ] 05-November-2009 04:00 GMT

Any suggestions?

Can't install 0.8.2 14 years, 3 months ago #1132

• cmarkdixon
  • Fresh Boarder
HI,

I'm far from an expert, but this is what I did to make it work. I unistalled 081, then I uploaded the new file directly to the root of my host still in the zip format. I then typed out the address of the newly uploaded file from MoblieJoomla into the "Install from URL" box and clicked install and it worked.

The only other thing to note, and I got this from another thread on this board, in the Iphone section, on the line "Image adaptation method" tell it to Don't Rescale. If you do not, the menu's on the iphone will show up but when you click to navigate somewhere, you get blank screens.

Hope this helps.

Can't install 0.8.2 14 years, 3 months ago #1133

• charlie
  • Fresh Boarder
Same for me I couldnt install this version by using the vrowse to function. I had to upload it directly to the server and install from URL.

Can't install 0.8.2 14 years, 3 months ago #1135

• khiebert
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, that worked, thanks! I had to upload the MobileJoomla0.8.2_for_J15.zip into my /public_html/ and then I could install from URL!

Can't install 0.8.2 14 years, 2 months ago #1193

• ehpdesigns
  • Fresh Boarder
I get the "500 Internal Server Error" no matter what method I try to install. Thoughts on what might be causing that?

Can't install 0.8.2 14 years, 2 months ago #1195

• cmarkdixon
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark on this one. Check your permissions where your Joomla website is installed. Make sure that the permissions on the components and the administrator folders are set at 0755.

Once again just a wild stab that it might permissions.

Can't install 0.8.2 14 years, 2 months ago #1200

• ehpdesigns
  • Fresh Boarder
Yep, all permissions are set correctly. I can install any other mod, comp, plugin, etc without issue. This is the only one that has given me a problem (and sadly, its the one I want to try out the most lol).

Can't install 0.8.2 14 years, 2 months ago #1220

• pb
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't know if you got it sorted but I had this problem too and it was also fixed by uploading it to another public area of our site, then using "Install from URL".
Hope you get/got it fixed.
pb

Can't install 0.8.2 14 years, 2 months ago #1224

• jarkko
  • Expert Boarder
Hi guys,

Did you get any error messages when the installation failed?

Can't install 0.8.2 14 years, 2 months ago #1225

• pb
  • Fresh Boarder
All I got was "There was an error uploading this file to the server". I tried renaming in case it was due to an illegal character but it didn't help. Also tried unzipping and re-zipping. No luck either.
pb
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.