Username Password: Remember me

0.8.2 - iPhone Homepage missing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 0.8.2 - iPhone Homepage missing

0.8.2 - iPhone Homepage missing 14 years, 3 months ago #88

• rleathers
  • Junior Boarder
Since there is no place to put the iPhone homepage, I think it is making the iPhone display nothing, no website at all.

Homepage is an option for all other phone types.

0.8.2 - iPhone Homepage missing 14 years, 3 months ago #1100

• Kunter
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,
We have removed the explicit home page option for iphone, due to the special information architecture of iphone rendering it non-sense for most of the cases, i.e. you are greeted by the main menu as the 'homepage' for iphone.
If you had set an iphone homepage setting with the previous version, you might have to uninstall the component and then reinstall the new package, instead of upgrading it, as upgrading preserves previous settings and this might cause inconsistencies.

0.8.2 - iPhone Homepage missing 14 years, 3 months ago #1101

• rleathers
  • Junior Boarder
I did uninstall the component and reinstall it instead of upgrading.

I did it twice in fact. The first install gave an error so I uninstalled and reinstalled again.

Are you saying that there will be no way to set the homepage of the iPhone???

0.8.2 - iPhone Homepage missing 14 years, 3 months ago #1109

• rleathers
  • Junior Boarder
I thought I would share with you how I solved the problem of the iPhone displaying the MAINMENU as the homepage... (note - my issue with the homepage for you latest alpha build is unresolved)

1. Edit the index.php of the iPhone template to match the homepage I assigned to the iPhone in the component
2. Create a menu specifically for the iPhone
3. Set that new, iPhone-specific menu as the choice in the mod_mj_phone_menu

Since I wasn't using the breadcrumbs/pathway, the HOME link in the path didnt affect me.

Given that i was able to get around that silly iPhone issue, Im sure you guys can work it out too.

0.8.2 - iPhone Homepage missing 14 years, 3 months ago #1123

• Kunter
  • Junior Boarder
Hi, let me clarify;
You CAN have a homepage on iphone, with the main menu, without needing a workaround, by setting 'Component on hompage' setting to Yes.
What we have removed was setting an explicit homepage url, which was supposed to be used to set an 'homepage' different from the actual homepage.
Hope this removes confusions

0.8.2 - iPhone Homepage missing 14 years, 3 months ago #1124

• rleathers
  • Junior Boarder
Well, not totally.

I need a specific homepage, for ALL my mobile users, that is not my default Joomla homepage. It is a static content item and it has been specifically designed to show mobiles users the content I think they need.

Will I be able to show iPhone users this new page, as their homepage, just like I can for Blackberry and Droid and other smartphones?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.