Username Password: Remember me

mobile hijacked
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: mobile hijacked

mobile hijacked 12 years, 2 months ago #7267

• dvitalo
  • Fresh Boarder
ever since I installed your component, my mobile website www.covenantberks.org has been hijacked by sommething called opera65.com. i have even uinstalled the component but does same thing. any ideas?

Re: mobile hijacked 12 years, 2 months ago #7279

• C00L
  • Administrator
Can you give some details, what makes you think MJ may cause the hijack?

Re: mobile hijacked 12 years, 2 months ago #7281

• dvitalo
  • Fresh Boarder
it's pretty obvious...as soon as you type in the url, it immediately redirects to www.opera65.com...and i have searched on internet and opera65 is associated with malware. has anyone experienced this after installing your component?

Re: mobile hijacked 12 years, 2 months ago #7286

• C00L
  • Administrator
Haven't really heard a similar case before. Thanks for the heads up, we will take a look into that asap!
Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by C00L.

Re: mobile hijacked 12 years, 2 months ago #7290

• gorkemd
  • Senior Boarder
Mobilejoomla is open source, you are free to examine its source and I'm sure you won't find anything malicious. You mentioned the problem continued even after uninstallation but your site works perfectly well for me. No domain redirects or such. Please scan the computer you tried to access as it may have been infected.

Re: mobile hijacked 12 years, 2 months ago #7297

• dvitalo
  • Fresh Boarder
Did you look a the site on a mobile device? that is where the issue is. it redirects to opera65.com and it happened right after i installed Mobilejoomla, so that is why i think the two are somehow related.

Re: mobile hijacked 12 years, 2 months ago #7301

• C00L
  • Administrator
That's true, it redirects to opera65 on iPhone. We will investigate this issue. Since we have not received such a report earlier and problem persists after uninstallation of MJ, I'd also guess this maybe due to another extension as well. Please make sure to check if you have any long-time-not-updated extensions.
Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by C00L.

Re: mobile hijacked 12 years, 2 months ago #7303

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Check your .htaccess for possible redirects, it may be that your site was hacked (most likely somebody got your ftp login/pass, so check your PC for virus-keyloggers and change password).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.