Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Cached version of mobile site appearing on desktop website
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cached version of mobile site appearing on desktop website

Cached version of mobile site appearing on desktop website 12 years, 2 months ago #7153

• ha7O08PY
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

When I visit the mobile version of my website on an iphone, then visit the desktop version on a PC, the mobile version is displayed on the desktop. If I clear the cache the templates go back to normal. If I visit the website via PC first, then the desk top version gets displayed on the iphone.

Can you advise how I can fix this. I've tried disabling the system cache plugin, and this does not fix the problem. I have even downloaded a component called jot cache which is supposed to enable separate page cache for mobiles and browsers and this does not work either.

Mobile Joomla is a really good component, but if I can't resolve this issue I will have to find another mobile solution.

I hope you can help.

Thanks,

Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by ha7O08PY. Reason: Resloved

Re: Cached version of mobile site appearing on desktop website 12 years, 1 month ago #7924

• pxforti
  • Fresh Boarder
I have same problem. At this point, it seems we have to make a choice: turn on cache to speed up site but turn off mobile to do the opposite, but both cannot be on at the same time and have a normal, functioning site.

Re: Cached version of mobile site appearing on desktop website 12 years, 1 month ago #7967

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Issue with System-Cache plugin is fixed in repository and MJ1.0.2 will be released soon.

Re: Cached version of mobile site appearing on desktop website 11 years, 8 months ago #10894

Having this same issue but with JotCache, when i enable JotCache it doesn't display Mobile Website on iPhone. Has anyone encountered this issue.

Haven't spend any time researching yet, just though i would go here first.

Re: Cached version of mobile site appearing on desktop website 8 years, 8 months ago #19328

• myaeger
  • Fresh Boarder
The solution to this issue is to enable "Browser Split" in the JotCache Plugin. By selecting "Tablet|Phone" you can create separate cache files for those views. Unfortunately, this does not allow you to create separate cached views for iPhone, smartphone, WAP, PDA, and iMode. However, it does give you separate desktop, phone, and tablet caches.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.