Username Password: Remember me

Errors during image resizing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Errors during image resizing

Errors during image resizing 14 years, 3 months ago #69

• rleathers
  • Junior Boarder
When the system attempts to create a resized image, the RESIZED folder can not be created due to permission error. The permission on the directory in question is 755 and I have Enable FTP setup correctly in Joomla Global Config.

When I changed the permissions on the appropriate image directory to 777, the problem was resolved and the images were resized. However, I can not leave my entire images folder set to 777 in a production environment.

NOTE: Image resizing is only working when I view the site from a Blackberry. When I view the site from a iPod Touch (v3) the images are not being resized, even though I have Image adaptation method set to "rescale if bigger". Not sure whats up with that.

The stream of errors is created after this one is attached to this post...

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /public_html/ooldup/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/terawurfl/imageadaptation.php on line 217
Warning: copy(/public_html/ooldup/images/stories/recon/cas/Resized/achievecas_260x104.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/ooldup/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/terawurfl/imageadaptation.php on line 219

TEXT

Errors during image resizing 14 years, 3 months ago #998

• jarkko
  • Expert Boarder
Hi,

Are you running in shared hosting? In any case, PHP must have write access to resized image folder (at least for the time being) in order to create resized images. This is due to caching of the resized images so they don't have to be resized on every request.

Errors during image resizing 14 years, 3 months ago #1005

• rleathers
  • Junior Boarder
I am running on a dedicated machine. I can make whatever server modifications you suggest but since the Joomla installer doesn't have any problems creating new folders on the server, I don't see why this component should.

Specifically, what changes need to be made to my setup? I am not a Linux/Apache guru so please be as specific as possible ... or ... just direct me to some documentation that lists what needs to be done?

Errors during image resizing 14 years, 3 months ago #1006

• jarkko
  • Expert Boarder
I noticed that this was an error on our side. It should be fixed with the next release.

If you still need to get it working meanwhile, you need to set write permissions for the image directory. You can create the "Resized" directory by yourself and give it write access. Since you're on dedicated machine it shouldn't be a security issue as there are probably no other users.

Errors during image resizing 14 years, 3 months ago #1007

• rleathers
  • Junior Boarder
We are still in testing so I will wait for the next release.

I hope the feedback is helpful because this component is EXCEPTIONAL and is going to change the way I use Joomla from now on! Thanks for all the hard work.

Errors during image resizing 14 years, 3 months ago #1008

• jarkko
  • Expert Boarder
Your feedback is very essential as we need to test as menu setups as possible to make it stable.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.