Internal Server Error while installing RC5
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Internal Server Error while installing RC5

Internal Server Error while installing RC5 12 years, 3 months ago #6656

• immi1971
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,
I love MJ and I used RC2 up to now. I tried to update to RC5 but received an error. Now MJ doesn't work correct on my mobile, it doesn't work! Please help!
Regards
Thorsten

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Re: Internal Server Error while installing RC5 12 years, 3 months ago #6670

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
immi1971 wrote:
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

And what does error_log contain?

Re: Internal Server Error while installing RC5 12 years, 3 months ago #6693

• immi1971
  • Fresh Boarder
don't know, cause my webhoster doesn't let me see the log. But I could re-install the RC2-version without any problems. So why is the RC5 crashing? Any Ideas? Isn't it possible to install RC5 on an RC2 installation?

Re: Internal Server Error while installing RC5 12 years, 3 months ago #6694

• dryabov
  • Administrator
I don't know.
How did you update? By click on MJ icon at Joomla's control panel or by manual installing RC5?

The only idea for InternalServerError is exceed of max_execution_time limit (30 sec. by default).

Re: Internal Server Error while installing RC5 12 years, 3 months ago #6702

• immi1971
  • Fresh Boarder
I tried to update via joomla backend (extension/install). Click an MJicon doesn't work. I believe my webhoster doesn't allow that kind of installation.
I also thought about timout, but RC2 is much bigger (4,4 MB zipped) than RC5 (1,8 MB). So is this really possible?

Re: Internal Server Error while installing RC5 12 years, 3 months ago #6703

• dryabov
  • Administrator
RC2 - 1.98Mb in gzipRC5 - 1.84Mb in gzip
the difference is not significant

Re: Internal Server Error while installing RC5 12 years, 3 months ago #6713

• immi1971
  • Fresh Boarder
I received an answer from my webhoster that my pakage has an timeout-level up to 10 seconds. After 10 seconds all scripts receive an timeout. Any idea why the RC5 should use so much more time and if so, how can I install it?

Re: Internal Server Error while installing RC5 12 years, 3 months ago #6714

• dryabov
  • Administrator
There are several actions in MJ installer that takes most of installation time:
1. Unpacking of MJ archive (MJ consists of about 500 files).
2. Install of MJ core and several additional extensions (plugins, modules, templates). MJ has 4 modules, 5 plugins, and 4 templates, so it takes about 14 times more time to install (with respect to other extensions).
3. MJ tries to unpack bzip2-compressed terawurfl database, and if it's impossible (server has no bzip2 support), the database will be downloaded from mobilejoomla.com.

To skip action#1 from above list you can unpack MJ manually and use "Install from directory" method.
To speedup last action you can download www.mobilejoomla.com/tera_dump.sql and put it to site root.
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by dryabov.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.