Update failed
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Update failed

Update failed 12 years, 4 months ago #6518

• ckone
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to update to the new version of Mobile Joomla (Mobile Joomla 1.0 RC5). I use Joomla Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable.

I uninstalled the older version (RC4) and tried to install the new one. But either way I get errors.

1.) When trying to install from directory the error is:
Warning: opendir(/tmp/abuse) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /homepages/10/d318964100/htdocs/libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php on line 423

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /homepages/10/d318964100/htdocs/libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php on line 424

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /homepages/10/d318964100/htdocs/libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php on line 450

2.) When trying to install from zip-File the error is:

Warning: file_put_contents(/homepages/10/d318964100/htdocs/tmp/install_4ed65fc9e98ab/cachestorage/apc.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/10/d318964100/htdocs/libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php on line 298

I looked for similar problems in different forums but without success.

Is there someone who has got a clue what to do? Maybe the older version wasn't uninstalled completely?

Thanks in advance,
Christian

Re: Update failed 12 years, 4 months ago #6519

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Try to install from directory, but previously check permissions of files and dirs (e.g. set 666 and 777 correspondingly to be sure).

Re: Update failed 12 years, 4 months ago #6520

• ckone
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi dryabov,

I think I have set all permissions correctly. Is there any special file or directory that is important for installation? What can I do to be sure that all files from the previous installation have been removed completely?

Thank you,
Christian

Re: Update failed 12 years, 4 months ago #6522

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
I just took notice of this warning:
ckone wrote:
Warning: opendir(/tmp/abuse) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in

For sure warning below are effect of this warning.

Re: Update failed 12 years, 4 months ago #6525

• ckone
  • Fresh Boarder
Meanwhile it works. I installed it from another computer using a .zip file.

Thank you,
Christian
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.