Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

CACHE - mobile version being served to PC after cache
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: CACHE - mobile version being served to PC after cache

CACHE - mobile version being served to PC after cache 14 years, 2 months ago #65

• rleathers
  • Junior Boarder
When using Joomla's cache, the mobile version of the site is served up to non-mobile browsers. This is the same issue I had with the PDA plugin. Clearing the cache totally solves the problem, until 15 minutes later when the site caches the mobile version again.

Here is the workflow I used to recreate this issue:
1. Login with an iPod - browse around a bit and leave it logged in
2. Then, login with Firefox on a PC with the User Agent extension installed, set to Blackberry 8703. Browse around a bit.
3. Login with Safari on a Mac ***so far, everything is fine**
4. Wait 15 minutes
5. Go to yet another PC and startup Firefox AND Chrome.
6. Go to the site with both browsers
7. Watch both PC browsers get served up the mobile template

To fix the problem: (again, I can recreate this every time)
Login to Joomla admin area
Go to TOOLS - Clean Cache
Select all the cache files and delete them
Go back to the PC running Firefox and Chrome and refresh the page in both browsers
The right template is displayed

(system Plugin Cache ENABLED - Also in Global Config, Cache set to YES, 15 mins and FILE)
(User agent checking set to WURFL)
Joomla 1.5.14
PHP 5.2.8

CACHE - mobile version being served to PC after cache 14 years, 2 months ago #977

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
MobileJoomla works well with core caching (Global Config), but there is problem with System-Cache plugin. So, just disable System-Cache plugin.

CACHE - mobile version being served to PC after cache 14 years, 2 months ago #982

• rleathers
  • Junior Boarder
Disable it forever? Or is this issue going to be addressed?

CACHE - mobile version being served to PC after cache 14 years, 2 months ago #1001

• jarkko
  • Expert Boarder
Hi,

Currently MobileJoomla doesn't work with System caching plugin. In the future we might implement caching to MobileJoomla.

CACHE - mobile version being served to PC after cache 14 years, 2 months ago #1004

• rleathers
  • Junior Boarder
Since cache seems to be a big issue with a lot of "mobile" Joomla solutions, I think you should make that VERY clear in your documentation/wiki.

CACHE - mobile version being served to PC after cache 14 years ago #1465

This is too bad. I have a client that would like to use your extension but has decided not to due to this issue. Compatibility with the System caching plugin would be a huge advantage, in my opinion. I hope that you can do this.

Best,

Matt

Re: CACHE - mobile version being served to PC after cache 12 years, 3 months ago #6661

• abeasse
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there a solution about this or not yet ?

I'd like use this extension but I can't because I need system-cache plugin

Ant.

Re: CACHE - mobile version being served to PC after cache 12 years, 3 months ago #6669

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Currently MJ works well with System-Cache plugin.

Re: CACHE - mobile version being served to PC after cache 12 years, 2 months ago #7123

• bugmenot
  • Fresh Boarder
Still not working for me. I'm using Joomla 1.5 with Mobile Joomla 1.0 RC5.
When I access site via mobile device I get the default version, If I disable system cache It works.

Re: CACHE - mobile version being served to PC after cache 12 years, 2 months ago #7124

• dryabov
  • Administrator
What are orders of MobileJoomlaBot and System-Cache plugins (both inside system group)?
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.