(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Joomla, Caching and reloading pages error

Mobile Joomla, Caching and reloading pages error 12 years, 7 months ago #5841

• Cherewest
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone,

I have a site built in Joomla 1.6.5.

On the 12th I updated the Mobile Joomla Plugin and last night I turned on Caching (Cache in the Global Config area @15minutes, System Cache and the jFinalizer Plugin).

Previous to turning on cache, the mobile plugin functioned fine on all devices I could test on.

Now...

When I visit the site on a mobile device and click on any link, the url is changed BUT the same content is served. That is to say the page is simply reloaded.

I have been testing this on
Motorola Atrix (Mozilla) a Nook Color also Mozilla and iPhone 3G with Safari

I have detected a pattern that after 15 minutes (the cache lifetime) has passed the page I am trying to go to is actually served.
That is to say, after 15 minutes, if I click a new link or reload the page, I get the actual content associated with the url I am visiting.
I hope this makes sense

Any ideas?

I have tried enabling and disabling the cache/browser cache in the Mobile settings, but that seems to not make a difference.

This site requires caching and mobile support because most of the users are in rural areas.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Mobile Joomla, Caching and reloading pages error 12 years, 7 months ago #5844

• Cherewest
  • Fresh Boarder
After some more tinkering I have discovered that it is the System Cache Plugin. It does not matter if I set it to use browser caching or not. When the system cache plugin is enabled, the mobile devices reload the page rather than going to the new page. The url is changed in the url bar.

Thanks

Re: Mobile Joomla, Caching and reloading pages error 12 years, 7 months ago #5930

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
What are orders of MJ and Cache plugins?

PS. MJ (in theory) should override Joomla's cache storage methods and work correctly in such a situation.
Last Edit: 12 years, 7 months ago by dryabov.

Re: Mobile Joomla, Caching and reloading pages error 12 years, 7 months ago #5941

• Cherewest
  • Fresh Boarder
System Cache is 'Order last' which makes it number 13 or 14 in the list. I don't recall what MJ is.

Thanks

Re: Mobile Joomla, Caching and reloading pages error 12 years, 7 months ago #5952

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
OK, Thanks.
As far as I remember, caching worked well in 1.6 betas. Maybe something was changed later in joomla core.
What other 3rd party system plugins do you have installed (SEF, etc.)?

Re: Mobile Joomla, Caching and reloading pages error 12 years, 7 months ago #5990

• Cherewest
  • Fresh Boarder
I have to preface that I no longer am responsible for this site. So I have limited ability to get info on it. At this point it is simply curiosity as well as a desire that your plugin work well. MJ was the first plugin I installed and has functioned excellently (with minor ittitations caused my some stray jQuery).

From my notes, here are the plugins/mods/components that I installed.
The site is Joomla 1.6.5 all of these plugins were updated as of Oct 14th. All were working including Mobile Joomla until I turned on Caching in the Control Panel, System Cache and jFinalizer. Disabling System Cache only fixed the odd page content reload.

Thanks

jFinalizer
Mobile Joomla
Xmap
FJ Related Component
UDJA Comments
JCE Editor and the JCE Admin
Google Maps Plugin (Reumer)
Advanced Module Manager
Maxi Menu CK for Joomla!1.6
Custom Content
Vinaora Nivo Slider
Custom HTML advanced
Select Markup
Social Share Buttons
CDN for Joomla!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.