Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage)

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #2579

• samhnky
  • Fresh Boarder
Paul... I got bad news, good news, and a bug to report to MobileJoomla Developers! :=D

So I figured out the problem, and why you were experiencing it while I was not... I have a workaround; however, there will need to be an official patch/upgrade from the developers to actually fix the problem.

The problem has nothing to do with what menu item is first in the menu. Instead the problem is related to the Algemeen being your websites default menu link... The solution is quite simple to implement now, although it can be troublesome for future site management, and this happens to be the way I have my site setup that I previously mentioned. In Joomla you need to create a new Menu, I called my mobile_menu, then you will edit your primary menu and copy all menu choices to the new mobile_menu. Now you set MobileJoomla to load the Algemeen link of the new mobile_menu, and you set the iphone menu module to use the new mobile_menu instead of your main menu. This will allow the mobile users to have the "menu" as the desktop users, but the Algemeen menu link will not be the "Default" site page/link, and there for the site will display the sub menu choices when this menu option is selected...

I've stayed up way to late, please let me know if you need further information on what I have found, or need assistance with implementing it, as I have already done this on my site, for a different purpose, not even realizing that it was solving a problem I hadn't found

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #2580

• Cobben
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Sam,

This is what i call SUPPORT!!!! Many thanks for the time that you have spend to look at my problem. Also thank you for sending the bug report to the MobileJoomla developers. I will do my best to implement the workaround in the next few days and tell the result here.

Kind Regards,
Paul :=D

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #2582

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
OK. Let me explain how mod_mj_iphone_menu module works.

The module doesn’t show full menu structure. Instead, it shows subitems of current menu item. But how to show top-level menu items in this scheme? The solution is to always show top-level items on homepage. So, it lead to the problem: clicking on homepage, you go to homepage and view the same menu.

To make this scheme correct: if there is no subitems of current menu item, then top-level menu is shown also (that is if menu doesn’t have subitems, it will be shown on all the pages).

So, if you prefer to use this module, you shouldn’t have subitems of home menu item. The simplest solution in this situation is to move home menu item to another menu.

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #2589

• samhnky
  • Fresh Boarder
Can the module not be programed so that "if current page = home page" clicking the home link will reveal the sub menu's and "if current page does not equal home page" then link to home page but don't expand.

Even if it can't my work around above is a valid one that maybe should be documented somewhere....

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #2590

• dryabov
  • Administrator
There is no clear way distinguish between first-visiting homepage and "clicked" one (they are identical from Joomla's point of view).
You can:
1. Make a copy of homepage menu item, put it to other menu and make it as homepage.
2. Or use any other menu module.

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #2593

• Cobben
  • Fresh Boarder
I am sorry Denis, but Sam showed me that what i want works on his homepage.
So it works.
The only thing that is different is that I have set my homepage "Algemeen" as default.
This is where MobileJoomla goes wrong.
But if this cannot be solved, i agree with Sam that is could be documented.
Besides it works on an Android, is this than totally different for an Iphone.
I am missing it. In my opinion my implementation is one that will be done on many websites.
So this is a key issue. I hope that this will be solved.

Paul

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 5 months ago #2681

• Cobben
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Sorry I am replying after a short period of inactivity.
I had no time due to a personal situation to test it.
I've tested it, but it gives the same result.
Maybe I am doing something wrong.
I have copied all menu items to the newly created mobile-menu.
I have set MobileJoomla to load the Algemeen link of the new mobile-menu, and have set the iphone menu module to use the new mobile-menu instead of our main menu.
Sorry, but when clicking on algemeen. The screen still flickers.

Kind Regards,
Paul Cobben

samhnky wrote:
Paul... I got bad news, good news, and a bug to report to MobileJoomla Developers! :=D

So I figured out the problem, and why you were experiencing it while I was not... I have a workaround; however, there will need to be an official patch/upgrade from the developers to actually fix the problem.

The problem has nothing to do with what menu item is first in the menu. Instead the problem is related to the Algemeen being your websites default menu link... The solution is quite simple to implement now, although it can be troublesome for future site management, and this happens to be the way I have my site setup that I previously mentioned. In Joomla you need to create a new Menu, I called my mobile_menu, then you will edit your primary menu and copy all menu choices to the new mobile_menu. Now you set MobileJoomla to load the Algemeen link of the new mobile_menu, and you set the iphone menu module to use the new mobile_menu instead of your main menu. This will allow the mobile users to have the "menu" as the desktop users, but the Algemeen menu link will not be the "Default" site page/link, and there for the site will display the sub menu choices when this menu option is selected...

I've stayed up way to late, please let me know if you need further information on what I have found, or need assistance with implementing it, as I have already done this on my site, for a different purpose, not even realizing that it was solving a problem I hadn't found

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 5 months ago #2698

• Cobben
  • Fresh Boarder
Now found out that there is a 0.9.9. version available.
Tested it directly on the Iphone and it works!!!!
Tested it directly on a Android Phone and the menu's do not work as expected.
Can anyone help me with this problem?

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 5 months ago #2700

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Cobben wrote:
Tested it directly on a Android Phone and the menu's do not work as expected.

What do you expect and what do you get?

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 5 months ago #2719

• Cobben
  • Fresh Boarder
What i do expect is that the menu's on the "Full" website are also shown on the mobile phones and work when they are clicked on.
The Iphone menu did not work in 0.9.8 but does now work in 0.9.9. Perfect.
The Android menu did not work in 0.9.8 and is not solved in 0.9.9.
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.