Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage)

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #583

• Cobben
  • Fresh Boarder
I've implemented Mobile Joomla on my (developing) website, and everything looks oké.
Superb extension. But......when I test it on my IPhone, I've noticed that the 1st menu item does not work properly.
When I click on it, the screen flickers. The submenu is not shown....

****I've tested it. The first menu item (which contains a submenu) is the default homepage. ****
The first menu item is called "Algemeen".

Is there a solution for this problem. I think a lot of websites will have this problem.

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #2504

• Cobben
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there already a solution?
Kind regards,
Paul

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #2505

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
The solution is to make special "mobile" menu (without submenus), or to use standard mod_mainmenu module instead of "iphonized menu".

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #2508

• Cobben
  • Fresh Boarder
dryabov wrote:
The solution is to make special "mobile" menu (without submenus), or to use standard mod_mainmenu module instead of "iphonized menu".

Hi Dryabov,

Thanks for your response. The solution you mention looks like it is a known issue.
But what I don't understand is that the 2nd and 3rd submenu are working properly.
Only the first one is not working.
Are you sure it is not a programming issue (bug) ?

Kind Regards,
Paul Cobben

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #2556

• Cobben
  • Fresh Boarder
Tested it with Iphone --> 1st menu "Algemeen" does NOT work
Tested it with Android --> 1st menu "Algemeen" does work!!!

Is this a default iphone template problem?

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #2558

• samhnky
  • Fresh Boarder
I would be curious as to the exact problem that you are having beyond, sub-menus for the first item not working... i.e. I have setup this module on my Church's website Oak Hill Baptist Church and I am not experiencing this same problem. When I first read your problem I thought maybe it was because I was using the wrong module, so I went back and doubled checked, and I know for sure that I am using the iPhone Menu module, and I have tried it in the Header 2 position and the middle position with the same result in both locations...

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #2559

• Cobben
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi samhnky,

I'm glad to see that it works on your website, so it must be solvable, but it does still not work on my website.
Any suggestions?
I did a default install.

Kind Regards,
Paul

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #2560

• samhnky
  • Fresh Boarder
What is your domain? (if you don't mind)
Are you using the Joomla menu module or the iPhone Menu Module?
What settings are you using on your menu module?
What settings are you using on your Home menu link?

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #2565

• Cobben
  • Fresh Boarder
samhnky wrote:
What is your domain? (if you don't mind)
Are you using the Joomla menu module or the iPhone Menu Module?
What settings are you using on your menu module?
What settings are you using on your Home menu link?

My (develop) domain is www.paulcobben.nl/site (when it works, we will implement it on our company website)
We are using the Mobile-Joomla-0.9.8.zip file. Only install.
Our Home (Algemeen) link is set to Frontpage.
Besides writing down all the settings overhere, maybe it is easier to give you read-access to the backend.
Or do you want the screenshots?

Kind Regards, Paul

Problem with Iphone menu (1st menuitem is frontpage) 13 years, 6 months ago #2575

• samhnky
  • Fresh Boarder
You can contact me through my website, which is linked to as the site designer of the example site I provided you earlier. Once you have made initial contact I will respond via email directly and then you can provide access or screen shots through the email communications.
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.