Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Web access error: "Too many redirections - flooding"
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Web access error: "Too many redirections - flooding"

Web access error: "Too many redirections - flooding" 12 years, 7 months ago #5418

• phil91
  • Fresh Boarder
Guys,

Thought I would let you know this: I installed the new RC3 last night on one of my websites and I realized just a few minutes ago that, since then, nobody, including myself, could access the website anymore, whatever the browser...The message stated "xxxxx (The homepage) caused too many redirections and on some browsers said something like "delete or accept cookies" which obviously isn't the solution since nothing changed.

Uninstalling Mobile Joomla restored the website activity....

No idea what can cause this, but, as I said in my previous post in the "General" section of the Forum, this particular website hosts many extensions like SH404SEF, Joomlawatch, JCE, Joomlapack etc...I hold the list available to you should you need it.

FWIW...

Cheers,

Philippe

Re: Web access error: "Too many redirections - flooding" 12 years, 7 months ago #5419

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
1. What is url of the site?
2. What Joomla version do you use?
3. Is "Desktop URL" in MJ settings correct url of your site?

Re: Web access error: "Too many redirections - flooding" 12 years, 7 months ago #5421

• phil91
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Denis,

Sorry for not giving you these details:

I uninstalled MJ for now as it's a production site (4,500+ members), but:

- url of the website is www.clubchevry2.com (french)
- Joomla Rev is 1.5.23
- Desktop url is correct...

However, and forgive me as I'm not a network expert, but, reading a post on the same subject, I read that the subdomains like iphone.xxx.com had to exist...
I am running a dedicated server but did not configure these subdomains, which is likely to be the reason why it does not work, right? 

Since I don't think I need these subdomains, do I have a way to disable them and will it solve my issue?

Thanks for your help and best regards

Philippe  

Re: Web access error: "Too many redirections - flooding" 12 years, 7 months ago #5422

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Actually most likely it's a conflict with sh404sef extensions (or maybe smth htaccess-related). As far as I remember, commenting out a line
var $live_site='...';

in configuration.php fixed similar issue on one of sites.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.