Username Password: Remember me

Bug or missed labeled?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bug or missed labeled?

Bug or missed labeled? 13 years, 7 months ago #510

• earthrat
  • Fresh Boarder
Not sure if this is a bug but it is really bugging me. After installing this awesome tool. When I want to go in and create a menu module I have to trial and error until I find the right menu module. This extension installs and adds 4 menu modules and they are all called menu. That really sucks and makes it impossible to work in the module area of my site.

Bug or missed labeled? 13 years, 7 months ago #2274

• Barnabas
I sympathise with your frustration, but perhaps I can shed a little light on what's happening here.
The short answer is that the module names are all the same but the type (far right) column uniquely identifies them.

Joomla! uses the name of the module (title) to label the menu when viewed through the browser and show title (yes) is checked.

If you are not using the module name on the browser (show title (no)), then you can change the module name for your own ease of use.
But, if you want to see Main Menu on the mobile browser then don't change the module name. If you want the imode browser people to see "Imode Main Menu" then go ahead and rename the module, your call.
I have noticed that Joomla! will reorder the modules in module manager using the position column, so for example all the iphone modules are together. This helps to identify which main menu is which.

But, just to add to your pain on the Main menu module there is a parameter which you can use to choose a different menu name so you can have a main menu with items just for the mobile browser. See my reply to this post. www.mobilejoomla.com/forum/topic.html?id=428
Hope this is helpful.

Bug or missed labeled? 13 years, 7 months ago #2275

• earthrat
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the information but the problem is with the naming convention. When I go to create a module there are 5 menu modules to choose from and for the purposes of selecting one to use with my Joomla! menus is that there is no way to identify a mobile menu from the default Joomla! module.

So I fixed it myself by opening up the modules xml files and changing <name>Menu</name> to something that will identify it such as with mod_mj_imode_menu to <name>iMode Menu</name>. Of course perhaps names that would keep them all blocked together would be better <name>Mobile iMode Menu</name> maybe?

It would be great if this feature would be added to the next upgrade...

Other than that I want to thank the Mobile Joomla team for building a truly fantastic extension!!!

Bug or missed labeled? 13 years, 7 months ago #2276

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
earthrat, nice idea! Will be included in next release.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.