Modules disappearing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Modules disappearing

Modules disappearing 12 years, 8 months ago #4917

• petercw
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I am building a new site with joomla 1.7 and when I install and configure mobile joomla 1.0RC, the modules disappear on the desktop version of my site.
I seem to be able to get to the mobile version OK although I haven't done much with it yet.

Have I missed something I should be doing?

Thanks

Re: Modules disappearing 12 years, 8 months ago #4931

• petercw
  • Fresh Boarder
Actually, if the modules all have an access level of public, they are still visible post login, and the site looks normal, but if I change their access level to registered, which clearly, I need to do, then they don't appear after I login.

Any ideas,

Thanks

Re: Modules disappearing 12 years, 8 months ago #4945

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer

Re: Modules disappearing 12 years, 8 months ago #4963

• petercw
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, the database modification suggested in that post resolved the issue.

Re: Modules disappearing 12 years, 8 months ago #5065

• petercw
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

This issue had been resolved, with a database modification. However, when I installed the latest update to mobile joomla, any registered access modules or menus do not display again even though I am logged in. immediately prior to installing the update, they were displaying fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Modules disappearing 12 years, 8 months ago #5067

• billyray
  • Fresh Boarder
I am having the same problem, I updated to RC2 today and tried this again and it did not work for RC2 but it worked for RC1, I have since disabled mobile joomla component, and desktop user menus now work

ALTER TABLE `jos_session` CHANGE `data` `data` LONGTEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci DEFAULT NULL

Now getting "Error loading component: , 1"

Re: Modules disappearing 12 years, 8 months ago #5081

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
We did a small update to RC2 (called RC2.1), so please update, clear cookies, and check then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: petercw

Re: Modules disappearing 12 years, 8 months ago #5084

• billyray
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks! That did the trick.

Re: Modules disappearing 12 years, 8 months ago #5092

• petercw
  • Fresh Boarder
The latest version fixed the problem.
However, it seems to recur sporadically in the sense that occasionally, the modules and menus don't appear.
I think it might be related to whether a session expires or whether a user actually logs out prior to their next login, but I cannot be sure. At least in the very few test cases I have tried, if I log the user out forcibly from the backend admin of joomla 1.7, then the next time they log in, the modules and menus won't appear. I presume it is the same with any expired session. If I then log them out in the normal way and log them back in again, the modules and menus with registered or above level access appear in the new session. 

Thanks
Last Edit: 12 years, 8 months ago by petercw.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.