Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Killed frontend menus and admin access in Joomla 1.7
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Killed frontend menus and admin access in Joomla 1.7

Killed frontend menus and admin access in Joomla 1.7 12 years, 9 months ago #4849

• Lic
  • Fresh Boarder
I used joomla for many years (it was Mambo) and installed Jommla§ 1.7 some days ago. I found Mobile Joomla today and thought it was a very good initiative for a begining blog of mine.
First I has to subscribe. I Installed the archive file without any problem, configured it as written in the topic (very hard to find it). There are so many options...
After that, half parts of my site were killed. Menu in frontend desapeared, admin access menu in frontend gave me a message that I have not ability to enter this private part of the site.
I tried to change some priority access in Joomla, but without success.
So finally I tried to deinstall all (many many !!!) parts, components and plugins of Mobile Joomla. Received a lot of errors, had to deinstall from FTP program.
Now everything is working fine as previously!
So do not play with this program or you will loose a lot of time and have a lot of problems. It does not works at all!

Re: Killed frontend menus and admin access in Joomla 1.7 12 years, 9 months ago #4852

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Lic wrote:
After that, half parts of my site were killed.

Seems you did something wrong. MJ works well in all 1.5-1.7 Joomla releases. Moreover, currently we test new builds of MJ on Joomla!1.7, and after that only we do the same on previous releases.

Lic wrote:
Menu in frontend desapeared

By default mobile menu module shows "mainmenu" menu only. If you have other menus, you should make and publish corresponding copies of menu module (it's the same behaviour as in Joomla itself).

Lic wrote:
admin access menu in frontend gave me a message that I have not ability to enter this private part of the site.

Admin access from mobile devices is not supported by MJ.
Last Edit: 12 years, 9 months ago by dryabov.

Re: Killed frontend menus and admin access in Joomla 1.7 12 years, 9 months ago #4926

Hi at all,

i got the same problems.
Admin an User-Menus in Joomla will not display if the JoomlaMobil System Plugin is activated.
And i speak from normal Frontend, not the mobile one.
Something in this Plugin destroys the User-Authentification so that this menus are not show. After login the login modul show that i am logged in, but the site does not know - it seems so.

You have some Tipps for us to correct the mistake? What can we do now?

By the way, mobileJoomla is a great thing to do our site ready for mobil, on 1.5 we use it for about 1 or 2 yaers and there was no trouble. Now we changed to 1.7 and we are happy to see that you publish a new mobile version for joomla 1.7 . But if it make mistakes in the normal frontend it is not usefull.

greetings from Munich
Ronald

Re: Killed frontend menus and admin access in Joomla 1.7 12 years, 9 months ago #4929

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
ronaldmcdonald wrote:
Hi at all,

i got the same problems.
Admin an User-Menus in Joomla will not display if the JoomlaMobil System Plugin is activated.
And i speak from normal Frontend, not the mobile one.
Something in this Plugin destroys the User-Authentification so that this menus are not show. After login the login modul show that i am logged in, but the site does not know - it seems so.

You have some Tipps for us to correct the mistake? What can we do now?

By the way, mobileJoomla is a great thing to do our site ready for mobil, on 1.5 we use it for about 1 or 2 yaers and there was no trouble. Now we changed to 1.7 and we are happy to see that you publish a new mobile version for joomla 1.7 . But if it make mistakes in the normal frontend it is not usefull.

greetings from Munich
Ronald

Seems the problem is that Joomla!1.6 decreased maximal size of data in session table to 20Kb (it was 4Gb in J1.5), so that device data doesn't fit such a small size.
There are several solutions:
1. Disable Mobile-TeraWURFL plugin to descrease size of saved data.
2. Increase data limit by sql query (don't forget to replace jos_ by actual prefix)
ALTER TABLE  `jos_session` CHANGE  `data`  `data` LONGTEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci DEFAULT NULL

Maybe there will be better fix for the issue in MobileJoomla 1.0RC2.

Re: Killed frontend menus and admin access in Joomla 1.7 12 years, 9 months ago #4933

Ok, thanks!

We will check this and let you know how it works...

Regards
Ronald

Re: Killed frontend menus and admin access in Joomla 1.7 12 years, 9 months ago #4954

Thanks!

The changes works and the menus will be display now.

Nice work...

Regards
Ronald
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.