Username Password: Remember me

Catchable Error?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Catchable Error?

Catchable Error? 12 years, 9 months ago #4836

• dutton
  • Fresh Boarder
I am getting this after successfully installing Mobile Joomla, Adsense Remover and Adsense Addon with no errors when I try to load my site on an iphone.

Catchable fatal error: Object of class JParameter could not be converted to string in/home/mydomain/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/parameter.php on line 83

Re: Catchable Error? 12 years, 9 months ago #4840

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
What Joomla version do you use?

Re: Catchable Error? 12 years, 9 months ago #4845

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Seems you use Joomla!1.5.
Try to disable all mobile modules and plugins and enable them one-by-one (each time checking for error).
MJ creates JParameter objects in menu module only (in the case of it wasn't created automatically by Joomla).

Re: Catchable Error? 12 years, 9 months ago #4846

• baldguy
  • Fresh Boarder
I was having the exact same problem, and have been watching the board. In my case, it appears to be a conflict with the sh404SEF main system plugin. When I disable sh404SEF, Mobile Joomla works just fine.

Obviously, can't shut that one off. Any workarounds?

Joomla 1.5.23, sh404SEF 2.2.5.964, MobileJoomla 1.0RC

Edit: just upgraded sh404SEF to version 2.2.7.981 and it didn't change anything. Same issue.
Last Edit: 12 years, 9 months ago by baldguy. Reason: Updated sh404SEF extension

Re: Catchable Error? 12 years, 9 months ago #4847

• dryabov
  • Administrator
baldguy, did you try to change order of run of both sh404sef and mobilejoomla plugins?

Re: Catchable Error? 12 years, 9 months ago #4848

• baldguy
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah, just tried. Have sh404SEF set as 1, and Mobile Joomla set as 2. No difference. Switching them around doesn't help either.

Re: Catchable Error? 12 years, 9 months ago #4853

• dryabov
  • Administrator
OK, thanks. Will try to reproduce the error on local server.

Re: Catchable Error? 12 years, 9 months ago #4864

• dutton
  • Fresh Boarder
If I unenable mj_iphone_middle then it will load but will not show any menu items. I am only able to test it on an iphone though so it could be happening on other devices.

Re: Catchable Error? 12 years, 9 months ago #4866

• baldguy
  • Fresh Boarder
Just looked a little further - if I go directly into an interior page (with sh404SEF turned on), Mobile Joomla displays, except I don't have a menu. Still, the front page doesn't - throws the original error.

Tested on both Android and iPod - same result.

Re: Catchable Error? 12 years, 9 months ago #4883

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Could you give me ftp access to your site? I'd like to add some debug output (it will be limited to my IP only, so work of site will not be affected) to found reason of the issue. Hope it'll take less than 30 min.

Or, alternatively, send me ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) a copy of the site and dump of the database.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.