Username Password: Remember me

Switching from Mobile version to Standard verion
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Switching from Mobile version to Standard verion

Switching from Mobile version to Standard verion 13 years, 8 months ago #466

I have a question/problem:

I am using an iphone4 for all my eval:

When I switch from Mobile Version to Standard Version, it will show my the website in standard (normal) version, however there seems to be no going back. If I try to reload the page or open a new broswer it will always show me the standard version.

How can i make this not do this or have the option of going back to mobile version from standard version.

Thanks for any help!

Dan

Switching from Mobile version to Standard verion 13 years, 8 months ago #2143

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
There should be copy of "Select Markup" module that is published in "footer" position. Most likely you have no such a position in your template, so change the name of position for this module.

Switching from Mobile version to Standard verion 13 years, 8 months ago #2244

• baryk
  • Fresh Boarder
How can I show mobile version | Standard version links for PC users?

Switching from Mobile version to Standard verion 13 years, 7 months ago #2257

• Barnabas
I could not find a way to do this using parameters so I changed (kluged) the supplied code. If you do this you will have to reapply the change when a new version of MJ is installed.
edit
public_html/modules/mod_mj_markupchooser/mod_mj_markupchooser.php

change

//dont display for desktop user displayin desktop page
//forgedMarkup means user wanted to see some other version (like mobile wants desktop version)
$forgedMarkup = $mainframe->getUserState('mobilejoomla.forged_markup', false);
$desktopUserDesktopPage = ('yes' != $forgedMarkup) && ($markup == '');

to

# display for desktop users
//dont display for desktop user displaying desktop page
//forgedMarkup means user wanted to see some other version (like mobile wants desktop version)
$forgedMarkup = $mainframe->getUserState('mobilejoomla.forged_markup', false);
# $desktopUserDesktopPage = ('yes' != $forgedMarkup) && ($markup == '');
$desktopUserDesktopPage = false;

So you are effectively saying show the mobile version | standard version links regardless of whether the user is on a desktop or a mobile.

Switching from Mobile version to Standard verion 13 years, 7 months ago #2272

• Barnabas
I should have mentioned that there is something else to this workaround. You need to make a copy of the select markup module (called mod_mj_markupchooser) then enable it and select which mobile link(s) you want to show. I set show mobile link to yes with text Mobile Version I also set show desktop link to yes with desktop link text Standard Version
I added
Mobile version by <a href="http://www.mobilejoomla.com/">Mobile Joomla!   </a><br>
to the info text parameter and set show active to yes. You also need to choose position footer so it will show in the desktop template.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.