Username Password: Remember me

Commenting Solutions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Commenting Solutions

Commenting Solutions 13 years, 8 months ago #451

• sgaughan
  • Fresh Boarder
Which Joomla! commenting solutions are known to work on both the desktop and a mobile device? We use JomComment at http://ts-si.org/mobihome and users can't access the site editor for commenting.

JomComment has been stuck at 3.0.x for quite some time, losing a lot of ground to others. A promised 4.0 has been under development with what appears to be a rich feature set but I doubt we will see anything - if at all - until Joomla! 1.6 is released.

Whichever way we go, I would like a solution that works in both modes.

Commenting Solutions 13 years, 8 months ago #2073

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
On mobilejoomla.com we use modified version of JComments component (joomlatune.com).

Commenting Solutions 13 years, 8 months ago #2081

• sgaughan
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your answer.

I got it to work with a variety of commenting solutions now. Different phones have different ways of invoking the editor so the process could be a bit messy, particularly os a user has to go through a series of screens (e.g., name, email address, topc, etc.) and lose their place. Wrong data will mean they start all over. However, registration might help that a lot, so we will look into it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.