Mobile Joomla made no difference
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Joomla made no difference

Mobile Joomla made no difference 12 years, 11 months ago #4434

• bondifc
  • Fresh Boarder
I installed Mobile Joomla 0.9.12 on my site; bondifc.cloudaccess.net

I didn't invoke the multi domain, however when I load my site from any mobile device it it purely my standard website that loads, not a mobile version.

I am not sure if there is something in the settings or plug in that I should change or if it just down to the fact that the 30 day trial, on cloudaccess.net, that I am using as a design period for my site won't allow Mobile Joomla to work properly.

Re: Mobile Joomla made no difference 12 years, 11 months ago #4438

• dpminusa
  • Fresh Boarder
Same result. I watched the Video tutorial and did the same things. I am not using the domains either. The tutorial was. That should NOT be the difference. What should make the difference is that the active template uses the index.php and module positions for one of the mobile templates, e.g. iPhone.

I tried using the template default set to one of the mobile templates directly. This generates an error. I am running with the mootools 1.2 option. I am going to try turning things off like that one.
I am also running 1.5.23. I see the tutorial was done with 1.5.21. Don't think that is it either. Did you find anything elsewhere?

Re: Mobile Joomla made no difference 12 years, 11 months ago #4439

• dpminusa
  • Fresh Boarder
www.mobilejoomla.com/forum/3-general/4435-noob-question.html sys the simulator does not redirect or provide the UA to cause redirection. I guess that could be it. However it worked in the tutorial with the simulator?? I am going to try with my wife's BlackBerry later this P.M. One thing I did find is that rhuk_milkyway works fine with a smartphone as long as you don't use the right column So you could setup a subdomian and use it in that way with your exisitng content by shuffling things around a bit. In other worfs ignore the Mobile plugin and just tweak you template a bit. Not very elegant but works with a bit of scrolling by the user. Better than nothing.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.