Username Password: Remember me

Cannot get it to work
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cannot get it to work

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #2012

• Jeannine
  • Fresh Boarder
I installed the extension and activated it and my site and backend has been down:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /hsphere/local/home/jeannine/webkonsul.dk/plugins/system/mtupgrade/behavior.php on line 52

I deleted all I considered related to this extension, but couldnt uninstall it properly. Unfortunately. Do you have a solution to the problem or does this module simply not work properly yet?

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #2013

• Jeannine
  • Fresh Boarder
just wanted to add the information, that I aswell ended up with a blank screen during installation. My cache settings are set to 90 min and the blank screen came up very soon. Only af few minutes later. It occured both in Mozilla and IE.

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #2014

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Jeannine, installing of MobileJoomla cannot lead to problem with mtupgrade plugin. The problem with mtupgrade is well-known (forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2231456) and frequently arises on PHP4 hostings.

After blank screen during installation I'd recommend you to set "Error Reporting: Maximum" in Joomla settings and reinstall MobileJoomla. In this case there may be error message instead of blank screen. If it isn't, check for error lines in error_log file.

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #2016

• Jeannine
  • Fresh Boarder
ok, thanks. Am very green in Joomla! Well, I set the server conf error to max, but it happened again with blank screen when installing. Now I am seeking the error log file, but cannot find it.. I googled and looked up the help topics, but no success.. can you sent me the path to the error log file.

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #2017

• Jeannine
  • Fresh Boarder
Ha..! Could get some error messages in frontend. The problem was caused by writing permissions on utilities folder..
anyway.. I would be delighted getting the path to the error_log file as this time I tried to install I again received a blank screen and unfortunately no error messages in frontend..

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #2018

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Jeannine wrote:
can you sent me the path to the error log file.

It depends on the server. If your site is localed at /some/path/public_html/, then usually error_log is in:
0. /some/path/public_html/ (that is in the root of the site)
1. /some/path/ (one level above of the site root)
2. /some/path/logs/
3. anywhere on the server
4. there may be no error_log (unlikely)

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #2031

• Jeannine
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello again.. can anybody help me and inform which folders need to be writeable... unfortunately some links are not working, which might have explained that on that site ;o)

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #2033

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Jeannine wrote:
which folders need to be writeable...

administrator/components
components
modules
plugins
templates
tmp

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #2040

• Jeannine
  • Fresh Boarder
Now I really am pretty frustrated! I manually configured the properties of all those folders to 777. I made the server configurations to activate FTP and failure reporting.. Still not working. White screen while uploading zip. I tried else to install a template, which worked fine and there have been no problems at all. What else can I do to make this work?

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #2042

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Jeannine wrote:
What else can I do to make this work?

You can try to unpack MJ archive to tmp directory of your site and use "Install from Directory" method.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.