(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cannot get it to work

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #415

• pixiedavis
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

I just cannot get it to work

When i have everything installed and enabled my normal pc browser cannot see the site.

Have tracked it down to the mobile joomla plugin. When this is enabled, the normal computer browser loads a blank page.

Without this enabled, i assume the mobile version will not work

Help Please

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #1906

• pixiedavis
  • Fresh Boarder
Does anyone monitor this forum, please respond

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #1907

• rubyjliamf
  • Fresh Boarder
I've had the same problem and just posted the same question in the General forum. If I disable the Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin under Plugin Manager, everything else seems to work and the site comes back online – but I am still not seeing my mobile site on iphones. I am not sure what the Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin does, but I agree with you that support here is really lacking. But, it seems to be the only component out there that does what we need. Let me know what you are ablet o find out too.

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #1909

• areiskin
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for that post! I had the same problem (a blank website), couldn't get a response from the developers and really wanted to get my site back without moving to my backup.

Interesting to note, I tested this on my local system backup, and it worked great. When I did the same install to the hosted live site, I got a blank white page during installation (some type of error) and then my website went blank. I don't know what was different about the hosted site vs my local site that made the difference. The only way I got my website back was due to the last post regarding disabling the Mobile - TeraWURFL under plugins.

Any ideas out there? Although I'm frustrated with the lack of support from the developers, I'd really like this to work.

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #1910

• rubyjliamf
  • Fresh Boarder
My site is now hard down and I could not even get the Component to uninstall. I have a feeling that there was a problem during installation because my screen even went blank at the end of that process (installing from the .zip file within Joomla) so maybe you had the same issue. I think it was an incomplete install which is frustrating for me because I have to contact a consultant who is the only one with FTP access to the site. So now its 5pm on a Friday and I am in trouble with the site being down.... Frustrating that a component won't work without hacking into it. I hope to get some help soon!

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #1911

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Blank screen at install usually means that Joomla has no time ro unpack zip file. The solution is to increase timeout or to use install from folder method.

Blank screen at frontend usually means that you have problem in TeraWURFL with MySQLi access to MySQL database. Partial solution is to disable TeraWURFL plugin, but correct solution is to setup MySQLi connection.

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #1951

• pixiedavis
  • Fresh Boarder
Unistalled everything

Tried installing using folder option. Uploaded unzipped file to tmp via Filezilla. Installed. Got same blank screen on install. Site not working. Disable TerrraWURFL in plugins. Site works again. But no mobile

How do i setup terraWURFL with mySQL - i see not options apart from force mysql4. Which i tried and still no work.

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #1952

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Check error_log file, as any error during install should be written here.

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #1954

• pixiedavis
  • Fresh Boarder
Have found a read me file in folder terrawurfl. All is explained in there - sort of. It goes on about installing it and changing the config file for the database.

I do not understand it - or which bits to change. Also how can i install it, when it is supposed to be and is installed already.

Would have thought all of this config file changing etc.. would have been sorted out by the original mobile install. This is getting far too complicated, do not want to hack files - want to install and work.

Cannot get it to work 13 years, 9 months ago #1958

• dryabov
  • Administrator
pixiedavis, unfortunately now I will go for a trip and will be back on Friday. And I would like to ask you on possibility to give me ftp-access to the site (on Friday this week, as a private massage, and for a short time) to localize the problem?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.