Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

0.9.5 PDA template rendering blank pages !!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 0.9.5 PDA template rendering blank pages !!!

0.9.5 PDA template rendering blank pages !!! 13 years, 10 months ago #368

• RavingMad
  • Fresh Boarder
Since upgrading to 0.9.5 the PDA template keeps rendering completely blank pages. I've tried everything to get it to work but to no avail. I even copied the 0.9.3 template across and get the same problem. If I go into the Smartphone tab and change the template to mobile_wap then it renders the page. All the other templates render perfectly. I have mine setup with a subdomain for each type of phone ie. wap.mydomain imode.mydomain iphone.mydomain and pda.mydomain.

If I call each of those domains in a standard browser they all render except for pda.mydomain. I switched the setting on the Smartphone tab for content-type to AUTO and then instead of getting a blank page I get this error "XML Parsing Error: no element found
Line Number 1, Column 1:"

Please can the developer or anyone else share some light on what is causing this. I've been using this plugin for a while and now with the latest code it's horribly broken for me. I will probably just downgrade to 0.9.3 for now and see if it all comes back online. Is there anything special with the uninstall / reinstall that I missed?? Did the uninstall remove everything or is there something from the older version lurking around thats causing this??

0.9.5 PDA template rendering blank pages !!! 13 years, 10 months ago #1812

• RavingMad
  • Fresh Boarder
I found the problem finally ..... I have a plugin called JX Comments (JComments). I have turned off most of the features of JComments except for the social networking side of this plugin as I use Chrono Comments for commenting. Anyhow, the PDA template of MobileJoomla just does not like Jcomments whatsoever. The moment I disabled that plugin the PDA template rendered.

I suggest anyone with rendering problems should check what plugins or modules may be causing their templates not to render. Would be nice if the developer could add some extra code to check for plugins that are not compatible with MobileJoomla and simply ignore them as this one had me going for a good many hours. Not sure how easy that is.

EDIT:

Here's a brain twister .... I have this JComments plugin installed on 2 sites (same version) and I have MobileJoomla installed on both sites (both 0.9.5). On the one site Mobile Joomla renders the PDA template including the Jcomments social networking icons but on the other site I get the blank page syndrome ...... hmmmmmm ...... can't figure this one out.

0.9.5 PDA template rendering blank pages !!! 13 years, 10 months ago #1845

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Do you have the same plugins order on both sites?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.