menu does not appear on iphone
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: menu does not appear on iphone

menu does not appear on iphone 13 years, 2 months ago #3660

• caramaple
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,

I've installed Mobile Joomla, - it's a great extension - thank you!

Yet, unfortunately I have major problems to get it working on an iphone, and unfortunately I dont seem to be able to figure out what the exact problem is and I couldn't find an answer in the Forum.

The link to the website where I tried to install it is: uformiaworld.com/. Basically, it just doesnt look right. Initially it shows two links "Mobile version" and "Standard version" with "Mobile version" selected. Below these links you can see only one banner. If you click on "Standard version", it redirects one back to mobile version with these two links and one banner.

I got it working on some other websites, so could it be related to the specific template used for this website? Any help and advice where I need to look to get it working would be very much appreciated!

THANK YOU!

Re: menu does not appear on iphone 13 years, 2 months ago #3683

• Barnabas
Hi,
I would check that the menu is chosen in the module.
Extensions > Module Manager
put the word "main" (without quotes) in the filter and click go
click on the main menu in position mj_iphone_middle and check that it is enabled.
also in parameters > module parameters > menu name
check in the drop down that it is selecting a menu which has items in it.
If it is, perhaps try a different menu and save it. (Just to check if there is something strange about that menu).
If that does not make a difference, then try changing the position of the menu to mj_iphone_footer and save.
If nothing works, try uninstalling and reinstalling Mobile Joomla.
Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: caramaple

Re: menu does not appear on iphone 13 years, 2 months ago #3700

• caramaple
  • Fresh Boarder
Wonderful, - that has worked for the main menu! Thanks so much for your help!

Just one other question regarding menus: There is also a footer menu which is a costume module (uformiaworld.com/ - Products, About us, Community, Partners). How can I publish that as well (or any other custome modules) on the main page of the iphone?

THANKS AGAIN. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barnabas

Re: menu does not appear on iphone 13 years, 2 months ago #3701

• Barnabas
"I love it when a plan comes together"

To publish other menus, make a copy of the module mod_mj_iphone_menu by using the normal copy mechanism in
extensions > module manager
then on the copy choose the menu, which has the items you described, from the drop down menu in
parameters > module parameters > menu name
choose the position you want to see it, and save.

The title can be anything that will mean something to you. If you click Show title (*) no, then it will not display on the iphone.
You may have to experiment with menu assignment, to get it to show on the main page of the iphone.

Re: menu does not appear on iphone 13 years, 2 months ago #3704

• caramaple
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks again!

I managed to publish a part of the menu as I can choose it from the drop down menu in the parameters > module parameters > menu name list (as you mentioned) and then publish it.

Yet, can I somehow publish mod_custom modules (as they are not part of the menu list)? I am not sure where I can choose them from and make them visible. Sorry I hope this makes somehow sense. I am still quite new to this, but eager to learn

Thanks for all the help.

Re: menu does not appear on iphone 13 years, 2 months ago #3705

• Barnabas
No problem. Assuming this is the Joomla mod_custom module, you should make a copy of it and under
Details > position: you should choose a position that will show in a mobile template, such as mj_iphone_middle or middle2. There are some special positions that apply to all four templates, such as mj_all_footer mj_all_header, so you would only need to make 1 copy of the module if you used a "common" position. If you need a different position, then you would make a total of 4 copies; one for each of the templates.
Hope that helps.

PS the mod_custom modules are administered from
extensions > Module Manager
Last Edit: 13 years, 2 months ago by Barnabas. Reason: add PS

Re: menu does not appear on iphone 13 years, 2 months ago #3706

• caramaple
  • Fresh Boarder
Great, - I think I understood it! I learnt a lot from you, thanks so much. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barnabas

Re: menu does not appear on iphone 13 years, 2 months ago #3707

• Barnabas
We are all learners.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.