Username Password: Remember me

Test emulators?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Test emulators?

Test emulators? 14 years, 4 months ago #33

• phong94
  • Fresh Boarder
Curious as to what phone emulators everyone uses to test their sites. I don't have physical devices to test with, so am looking for a good emulator(s) to use. Found a couple on the web, but thought I would ask as well.

Test emulators? 14 years, 4 months ago #849

• Kunter
  • Junior Boarder
For starters you could use Firefox with User Agent Switcher plugin (addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59) . Keep in mind though, emulators or other similar solutions are always a step behind of the real output.

Test emulators? 14 years, 4 months ago #853

• phong94
  • Fresh Boarder
Excellent, I think that will definitely help. Thanks!

Test emulators? 14 years, 4 months ago #873

• alra
  • Fresh Boarder
To be sure your site work on most mobile phones I recommend you sign up at Nokia Developers and download the free Nokia S40 and S60 emulator - They are rather big and demand you also have Java installed on your PC - But if it works on Nokia S40 and S60 emulator you cover an audience larger than most and can see if it works on WAP and earlier versions of xhtml mobile browsers.
Then after that you can download various files - open them on the emulator to test mobile browsers like skyfire, Bolt, Opera, UCweb, etc. But REMEMBER the browser will take most websites and make them look good even without the plugin!!! So there is no reason to use the Opera Mini for testing the mobile plugin because IT WILL work with or without

Test emulators? 14 years, 4 months ago #878

• gjrweb
  • Junior Boarder
I also use user agent switcher, works great!

Test emulators? 14 years, 4 months ago #880

As there's no mention yet for iPhone emus:

Try an online version such as iphonetester.com/ or testiphone.com

Or if you're a Mac user there's iPhoney too.

Test emulators? 14 years, 4 months ago #889

• gjrweb
  • Junior Boarder
@johnlewisdesign: User Agent Switcher does work for iPhone 3.0 too...

Even for IE 6 when needed!

Test emulators? 14 years, 3 months ago #1102

Safari has many built in Agent strings - plus you can add your own. Works great!

Test emulators? 14 years, 3 months ago #1110

johnlewisdesign wrote:
Try an online version such as iphonetester.com/ or testiphone.com

The issue with these is they do not redirect to the template because they user agent is not correct... yes?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.