Username Password: Remember me

WURFL settings
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: WURFL settings

WURFL settings 14 years, 4 months ago #31

• Runner
  • Junior Boarder
We cannot update following:
administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/wurfl/data/cache.php Not found, please update WURFL
administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/wurfl/data/multicache/ Not found, please update WURFL

How can we solve that?
Thanks.

WURFL settings 14 years, 4 months ago #841

• jarkko
  • Expert Boarder
Hi,

Do you receive any error messages when you try to update or download wurlf?

You should also check this thread: www.mobilejoomla.com/forum/topic.html?id=23

WURFL settings 14 years, 4 months ago #845

• randy
  • Fresh Boarder
First time I tried it, the 'update' part said "Unable to download." the patch portion.
First part did fine.

Tried a second time. It started downloading BOTH files simultaneously. The zip file hung part way through. Update file came down complete however. As I was typing this, the screen vanished so I'm not sure what happened.

Tried a third time: procedure was like the first time. Zip file started downloading alone - and finished. Update just took a second and things seemed fine.

Just wanted you to know that the SourceForge source approach might be shaky. I'm on a VERY slow line (31k most of the time).

WURFL settings 14 years, 4 months ago #848

• Runner
  • Junior Boarder
No error messages during download WURFL but when I start to update WURFL I get the following message:

Please wait...
Forced cache update started

I been waiting 10-15 minutes and nothing happens.
For the pages WURFL, Extensions and About in Mobile Joomla! Settings (adminpanel) I have the following errors (IE :

Row: 323
Tecken: 3
Code: 0
URI: mydomain/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js

How can I create the cache on my local machine?

WURFL settings 14 years, 4 months ago #851

• jarkko
  • Expert Boarder
You could try downloading and updating with Firefox.

Note that you only need to download wurfl.xml once and then update cache files. If there are now errors next to wurfl.xml and browser_patch.xml lines, then your download was successful. You can do this also manually by downloading it to your computer and then uploading it to your server via ftp.

WURFL settings 14 years, 4 months ago #852

• Runner
  • Junior Boarder
I have tested to remove the extension (also some files with FTP because they were not removed) and installed it again with Firefox but with the same result. I created the missing catalog multicache and got green OK but there is still no cache.php in the catalog data which perhaps is the reason why the update WURFL does not work. I tested to put in the update_cache.php renamed to cache.php in the catalog data and got green OK in admin panel. But then the mobile version didnĀ“t work.
I think I had to wait to next version of MobileJoomla and see if it works then.

WURFL settings 14 years, 4 months ago #854

• jarkko
  • Expert Boarder
Multicache and cache.php are created by the cache updating process, so the renaming trick doesn't work.

You can use Compact WURFL, which doesn't use cache files but has some limitations, until a solution is found. Just go to MobileJoomla settings and change "User Agent Checking" method to Compact WURFL.

WURFL settings 14 years, 4 months ago #855

• Runner
  • Junior Boarder
I am already using Compact WURFL. The Mobile version works.
Thank you.

WURFL settings 14 years, 4 months ago #870

• scrivster2
  • Fresh Boarder
When I get to the second screen and click on the "DOWNLOAD wurfl" link I get this error:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

WURFL settings 14 years, 4 months ago #871

scrivster2 wrote:
When I get to the second screen and click on the "DOWNLOAD wurfl" link I get this error:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Check your folder permission settings. It's probably a setting on your server that doesn't allow chmod folders "777" change them to "755" and it should work. I had to also adjust the .php file wurfl_download.php to "644" for it to work.

Hope it helps.

David J.
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.