Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Database growing jos_TeraWurflCache and jos_TeraWurflMerge
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Database growing jos_TeraWurflCache and jos_TeraWurflMerge

Database growing jos_TeraWurflCache and jos_TeraWurflMerge 13 years, 4 months ago #2942

• scoody
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

My joomla MySql database is sized to 50 meg.
On normal use it's 20 meg used , since i installed Mobile component , the database is plenty !

The tables jos_TeraWurflMerge ( 13 meg) and table jos_TeraWurflCache  (23 meg) are filling my database .

I can't upgrade the databise sier ( hosting provider limitations) .

The cache option is disabled in the settings/global settings/ general settings/ caching

My release is 0.9.9  

Re: Database growing jos_TeraWurflCache and jos_TeraWurflMerge 13 years, 4 months ago #2948

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
jos_TeraWurfl*** tables are used by TeraWURFL plugin to determine mobile device capabilities.

You can disable this plugin and remove all of jos_TeraWurfl*** tables, but in this case MJ will not be able to correctly determine screen sizes and capabilities.

Re: Database growing jos_TeraWurflCache and jos_TeraWurflMerge 13 years, 4 months ago #2959

• scoody
  • Fresh Boarder
35 meg to determine the screen size is enormous !! 

Can i configure the module to write in another MySql database  ? (just this module, not all joomla !)

Re: Database growing jos_TeraWurflCache and jos_TeraWurflMerge 13 years, 4 months ago #2961

• dryabov
  • Administrator
scoody wrote:
35 meg to determine the screen size is enormous !! 

First of all, there is huge number of different devices in the world and we should know capabilities of each of them. Secondly, there is a lot of other data in addition to screen sizes (e.g. supported image formats, preferred markup, etc).

Re: Database growing jos_TeraWurflCache and jos_TeraWurflMerge 13 years, 3 months ago #3242

• lcipir
  • Fresh Boarder
So you have no suggestion for the "problem"?

With hosting providers, your normal db size max is 100mb. I've had mobile joomla running on our site for only a few weeks and our database is now pushing over 35mb just for this component.

Are you saying it will stop growing as soon as it has "discovered" all devices?

Re: Database growing jos_TeraWurflCache and jos_TeraWurflMerge 13 years, 3 months ago #3258

• dryabov
  • Administrator
You can disable using of TeraWURFL cache in settings of Mobile-TeraWURFL plugin. In this case you can drop jos_TeraWURFLCache table (and jos_TeraWurflCache_TEMP if it exists) and the size of TeraWURFL data will be fixed (about 35Mb).

Re: Database growing jos_TeraWurflCache and jos_TeraWurflMerge 12 years, 11 months ago #4479

• jrroger
  • Fresh Boarder
Is it possible to create a CRON job to truncate the database once a day, that could be a nice temporal solution =)
Last Edit: 12 years, 11 months ago by jrroger. Reason: wrote drop instead of truncate big mistake LOL
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.