Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Install failed, blanked out site pages, could not uninstall
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Install failed, blanked out site pages, could not uninstall

Install failed, blanked out site pages, could not uninstall 13 years, 11 months ago #285

(note: The below issue was seen in a desktop web browser; no mobile browser view was attempted)

After installing, got a confirmation-of-installation message, but MobileJoomla did not appear in components dropdown. Then, I saw that ALL the site pages except for the homepage were coming up blank or showing server error.

Tried uninstalling, but the admin could not even find the component to uninstall! So, I was forced to reload a backup of the site files.

Some site info:

Joomla v.1.5.17
Other installed components: Chrono Comments (currently disabled), AlphaRegistration

Would appreciate advice on re-installing the component, plus some tips on how (if necessary) to properly UNinstall it without having to go through the arduous re-install of Joomla I was forced to undertake (I normally would not do that, but downtime was not an option).

Install failed, blanked out site pages, could not uninstall 13 years, 11 months ago #1663

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
wdwdreaming wrote:
After installing, got a confirmation-of-installation message, but MobileJoomla did not appear in components dropdown.

What the exact message was shown? Did it contain a list of some warnings?

Install failed, blanked out site pages, could not uninstall 13 years, 11 months ago #1665

Unfortunately, I did not recognize the warning as a warning until after I had already left the admin page, so that info is lost. At this point, I am considering trying another install, but I want to make sure I can back out of it easily if anything goes wrong again. Any tips?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.