Username Password: Remember me

Problem very larg database
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Problem very larg database

Problem very larg database 13 years, 12 months ago #279

• simtese
  • Fresh Boarder
hi, i check for the large database problem about 22 Mb. The problem are a lots of User agents models in database. For example the table jos_TeraWurflMerge is 11Mb, jos_TeraWurfl_CatchAll is 2 Mb . I'd want to ask if this user agents are very important. it's possible to reduce user agents for the most popular mobile device or reduce the database size ?. Simone

Problem very larg database 13 years, 12 months ago #1653

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
MobileJoomla uses TeraWURFL (www.tera-wurfl.com) to determine properties of devices: screen resolution, markup language, etc. That's why TeraWURFL requires big database with information about (almost) all devices in the world.

You could try (on your own risk!) to choose other user agent checking method and then remove all the TeraWurfl's tables from database. But in this case image rescaling will not work and some devices will not be determined as mobile.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.