Username Password: Remember me

Image Scaling?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Image Scaling?

Image Scaling? 14 years, 4 months ago #25

• MikeSelMob
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello

I am having problems with the image scaling, I am trying (primarily) to make my site more iPhone friendly. Most of my blog posts have screenshots in them, the plugin does not appear to be scaling the images correctly.

The images appear the same size as on the PC which then forces the text to format incorrectly.

It may well be the way the images are inserted?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

Image Scaling? 14 years, 4 months ago #827

• Kunter
  • Junior Boarder
Hello Mike,
We've checked your site and found out that most of the images you display is actually not hosted in the same location with your site (they are from external sites). For the time being MobileJoomla only rescales images that are local i.e. hosted together with your Joomla instance.
Try saving them in to your webspace and use them as local images.

Image Scaling? 14 years, 4 months ago #836

• Runner
  • Junior Boarder
Hi!
We are having the same problem with our site, http://www.vmsf.se. Our images are hosted in the same location as the site. Some images are rescaled (with Joomla editor) in the article and others not.
How can we change the settings?

Image Scaling? 14 years, 4 months ago #837

• MikeSelMob
  • Fresh Boarder
Unfortunatly I have moved images locally and I'm also still having the issue

Image Scaling? 14 years, 3 months ago #953

• Kunter
  • Junior Boarder
Hello mike,
We suspect it is an issue when markup addresses images with absolute urls (even though they're on the same domain i.e. 'local' for that sense).
Although is to be fixed with the next release, until then you could try referring your local images with relative urls.

Image Scaling? 14 years, 3 months ago #972

• bdkelly
  • Fresh Boarder
I've run into this problem, too, and I use relative URLs. Other than that, it's looking good. Looking forward to the next release.

Image Scaling? 14 years, 3 months ago #973

Relative URL - Check
ie: src="/images/stories/2010/2010state1_thumb.png"

But same issue with pictures not resizing. Off for now.

Image Scaling? 14 years, 3 months ago #1013

Now, i have the same problems with not scaled images. It was working with the first alpha, but its not with 0.8.1

Image Scaling? 14 years, 3 months ago #1014

• Runner
  • Junior Boarder
I use iPhone and if I change the iPhone setting "Image adaptation method" to "Don't rescale" it works but not all images are resized.

Image Scaling? 14 years, 3 months ago #1015

• jarkko
  • Expert Boarder
Hi guys,

Can you check the value of "User agent checking" under "Global Settings".

Also, if you change image adaption method to don't rescale, then it shouldn't rescale the images at all.

If possible, could you also provide the url address to your site where image scaling doesn't work?

And which phone (or user agent) did you test with?
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.