Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Update WURFL cache - Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Update WURFL cache - Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted

Update WURFL cache - Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted 14 years, 4 months ago #23

• Hanske
  • Fresh Boarder
When updating WURFL cache by installation the allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted

'KDDI-SA33 UP.Browser/6.2.0.9 (GUI) MMP/2.0' => '
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 788481 bytes) in /opt/www/xxxxxxxx/web/www.xxx.xx/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/wurfl/wurfl_parser.php on line 466

Update WURFL cache - Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted 14 years, 4 months ago #823

• jarkko
  • Expert Boarder
Hanske wrote:
When updating WURFL cache by installation the allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted

'KDDI-SA33 UP.Browser/6.2.0.9 (GUI) MMP/2.0' => '
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 788481 bytes) in /opt/www/xxxxxxxx/web/www.xxx.xx/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/wurfl/wurfl_parser.php on line 466

Hi,

Are you running on shared hosting? If you have the chance, you should try increasing the memory limit.

Update WURFL cache - Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted 14 years, 4 months ago #825

• hinz
  • Fresh Boarder
i'm having a similar issue, (on shared hosting)

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4097 bytes) in /home/hinesh/public_html/gpbeta/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/wurfl/wurfl_parser.php on line 345

Update WURFL cache - Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted 14 years, 4 months ago #826

• jarkko
  • Expert Boarder
hinz wrote:
i'm having a similar issue, (on shared hosting)

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4097 bytes) in /home/hinesh/public_html/gpbeta/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/wurfl/wurfl_parser.php on line 345

One workaround is to create the cache on your local machine and then upload it to your server.

You can also set "User Agent checking method" (found under settings) to "Compact WURFL" which doesn't require updating the cache (only downloading wurfl.xml). This doesn't have all the features and it's not as accurate but should work until a solution is found for the memory problem.

Update WURFL cache - Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted 14 years, 4 months ago #834

• CWS
  • Fresh Boarder
I had the same issue. I use bluehost (shared hosting) and had phpconfig set to php5 fastcgi. I changed the memory limit in the default php.ini file to:
memory_limit = 64M
and also changed the upload limit while I was at it. With bluehost and fastcgi selected, the default php.ini file is located in (/home/USERNAME/public_html/php.ini)

I then retried updating the WURFL cache and all worked fine.

Update WURFL cache - Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted 14 years, 4 months ago #919

I tried exactly this in my Bluehost account but the ini changes don't seem to make any difference. Does the server need to be restarted to take effect or something? I don't know what I am missing, I think I duplicated exactly what you described.

Update WURFL cache - Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted 14 years, 4 months ago #920

• jarkko
  • Expert Boarder
This problem has been addressed with the next release of MobileJoomla!. With the upcoming release there are plans to get rid of the cache updating, so this problem will be solved once and for all.

If you can't find any way to make it work for now, please stay patient and wait for the next update which should be just around the corner.

Update WURFL cache - Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted 14 years, 4 months ago #925

Awesome, good news! I will wait for the update and try it then.

Update WURFL cache - Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted 14 years, 4 months ago #944

• colinsk
  • Fresh Boarder
I was able to have my ISP up my php memory limit in shared hosting.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.