Username Password: Remember me

iPhone Full Screen and Loader
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: iPhone Full Screen and Loader

iPhone Full Screen and Loader 14 years, 1 month ago #215

• uncorkedct
  • Fresh Boarder
I am trying to give my site a more webapp like feel.

I started by assigining a giving the index.php under the iPhone template folder the following tags that worked...

<title>Default Name of WebApp</title> - This gives the user a default name when they select "Add To Home Screen" from the + menu in Safari.

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="myicon.png"/> - This gives the user a custom icon when they select "Add To Home Screen" from the + menu in Safari.

The above two tags worked like expected. The following tags didnt work at all. I am looking to somehow make them work so I can give my webapp a better look and feel.

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes"> - This should hide both the address bar above and the navigation controls below. It doesnt work at all.

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="black"> - This should change the color of the Status Bar. It doesnt work at all.

<link rel="apple-touch-startup-image" href="cusotom-startup.png" /> - This should load a startup image instead of the home page with a spinning wheel. This doesnt work at all.

I am new to this componenet and webapps all together but believe I have done everything right. Can you please let me know if I am missing anything or if these functions are even supported?

Thanks,
Alex
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.