Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mobile Joomla not working after upgrade (1.2.10 -> 1.2.12)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Joomla not working after upgrade (1.2.10 -> 1.2.12)

Mobile Joomla not working after upgrade (1.2.10 -> 1.2.12) 9 years ago #18602

• hkeyzer
  • Fresh Boarder
I have three sites all very similar using Mobile Joomla and were using hte same version of MJ.

I recently upgraded two of them from MJ 1.2.10 to MJ 1.2.12 and the mobile switching stopped working.

All sites are Joomla 2.5.28. sites are:
www.cabinstorent.co.nz & www.cabinstorent-nld.co.nz (MJ 1.2.12) www.cabinstorentbop.co.nz (MJ 1.2.10).
Tested with Samsung note 4 and agent switcher in firefox browser.
Last Edit: 9 years ago by hkeyzer.

Re: Mobile Joomla not working after upgrade (1.2.10 -> 1.2.12) 9 years ago #18603

• hkeyzer
  • Fresh Boarder
Note since previous post I removed version 1.2.12 from www.cabinstorent.co.nz and re-installed 1.2.10 and it has corrected itself. I think this concludes there is an issue with MJ later versions. Thanks

Re: Mobile Joomla not working after upgrade (1.2.10 -> 1.2.12) 9 years ago #18615

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
What do you mean by "the mobile switching stopped working"?

There was no significant changes in MJ core between 1.2.10 and 1.2.12, the only changes are:
- update AMDD snapshot
- fix Mobile Menu module
- minor improvement of Mobile-Simple plugins
- change position of support ads block
- fix image rescaling to don't affect script tags

Re: Mobile Joomla not working after upgrade (1.2.10 -> 1.2.12) 9 years ago #18654

• hkeyzer
  • Fresh Boarder
All the sites where I used MJ were upgraded from v1.2.10 to v1.2.12.

In all cases these sites no longer provided the mobile template when accessed via either a smartphone (Samsung Note 3) or via agent switcher in firefox.

They also failed the google mobile web site tester: www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/ .
In each case when I downgraded back to v1.2.10 they worked fine again.

Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.