Username Password: Remember me

TEMP FIX for broken links to resized images
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: TEMP FIX for broken links to resized images

TEMP FIX for broken links to resized images 14 years, 2 months ago #151

• rleathers
  • Junior Boarder
If anyone is having the same problem as me (resized image links are broken in the mobile version because resized images are JPG, not PNG) I have a band-aid solution for you.

1. Go download and install Rereplacer
www.nonumber.nl/extensions/rereplacer

2. Create a new item in Rereplacer

3. Put this in the Search field
(src="[^"]*/Resized/[^"]*.)png

4. Put this is the Replace field
1jpg

5. Check YES for Regular Expressions, check ONLY for Enable in tags, check YES for Limit to Tag selection and in the tag selection box, put this
img[*]

This will replace all links to /Resized/IMAGENAME.png with /Resized/IMAGENAME.jpg

This works for me because all my resized images are jpgs.

TEMP FIX for broken links to resized images 14 years ago #1635

• jpsarmento
  • Fresh Boarder
hi,

the external images of my site are not resizing... i tried this method but nothing.

Forgive my ignorance... i really don't know the expressions to make this work (if at all possible) but i wonder if you can help.

if you see the site www.thesourcemag.net from a mobile device, you'll see what i mean.

can you help? any suggestions are very welcome.

best
J

TEMP FIX for broken links to resized images 14 years ago #1636

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
jpsarmento, the only way that is possible to implement in MJ is to add option to remove external images from pages. But for sure it's not a solution in your case. Actually, the best solution (imho) will be to make a special plugin for downloading external images (that is makes them local), but I don't know is there such a plugin (try to scrutinize JED).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.