Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mssing submenu items
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mssing submenu items

Mssing submenu items 14 years, 2 months ago #137

iPhone: For some reason the 2nd and 3rd menu items do not show any submenus. If I move those items down to last items - I get submenus. The other menus that move up and take their place have their submenus before and after the move.
It is two menus only that have no submenu when they are in the 2nd and 3rd position.
If I move the 2nd item to the first position - it still does not have any submenus. Is there a way to debug what is going on - can anyone help me? Please?
Menus without submenus are About and Championships.

Mssing submenu items 14 years, 2 months ago #1309

Also - I recreated the menus from scratch and moved the subitems into it - same result...

Mssing submenu items 14 years, 2 months ago #1316

Looking at web inspector - it is for sure now showing mj_iphone_middle on these pages. I played with my menus a bit today and now my 4th item has no submenus either.
I will provide any info you need to try and resolve this issue - I just do not know anything about how joomla core operates.

Mssing submenu items 14 years, 2 months ago #1317

kust in case anyone is having this issue- for now I have added 7 "dummy" menu items. I had all of my submenus. So, I "UNPUBLISHED" These menu items and my menus still show up...
So - dummy unpublished menu items appear to help.

Mssing submenu items 14 years, 2 months ago #1376

• craix
  • Fresh Boarder
What I have noticed is that some submenus work and others don't. Here is what I have seen. I use a template from Joomlashack. My site is www.troop441.org I have a main menu with submenus that drop off of it (like Craig's). Some of the menu items have submenus too. The submenus that work have a page for the submenu item, and are not just a placeholder for another submenu (such as my News and Events menu). You see that page, and then a list of the submenu items. The submenus that don't work exhibit the behavior that the page doesn't change (such as the Scouting menu). This menu item does not have a page, but is instead a Joomla menu type External Link that does not have a link in it. This allows the menu item to just be a placeholder for another submenu off of it. Most of my submenus are like this. If there is another way to do the submenus that is compatible (without having a page for each one) then I would appreciate knowing it. Hopefully this helps find the error, or perhaps you can give me a better way to do the submenus that will work.

BTW, outstanding work on this product. I really like the way you have done this, and thank you for it.

www.troop441.org

Mssing submenu items 14 years, 2 months ago #1398

nice site craix. menu system is similar to mine (skillsusari.org)

Mssing submenu items 14 years, 2 months ago #1407

• jarkko
  • Expert Boarder
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the effort you put into tracing this bug. Seems like a tricky one but I'll put it to my TODO list and look into it. Hopefully it can be solved for the next release.

Mssing submenu items 13 years, 10 months ago #1813

• migueis
  • Fresh Boarder
Same problem with me. Any sugestions?

Mssing submenu items 13 years, 10 months ago #1822

• rbolivar
  • Fresh Boarder
This is really the only bug that I have seen on this component, I hope it gets fixed soon. Great work guys!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.